Fishing Report Fishing with Non-Fishermen in the Mid-Bay - 7/5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Fishing with Non-Fishermen in the Mid-Bay - 7/5

Whew, one of those nights. I wanted to get some Hos to join me fishing on Thunder Road in the Mid-Bay and ended up with some real duds. One of the guys met me on Kent Island and the other two made me run all the way over to the Claiborne ramp to pick them up. All these guys did was complain. I put 'em right on the fish but one guy kept sayin' they would be bigger if we went down to a top secret spot he calls THE FALSE BOTTOM and if it was Wednesday, another one just wanted to talk about how the women were hotter and the fireworks were better in the upper Bay, and the last one just kept on and on about how hard it is to run an internet mailing list and how fun it is to dive in the Bahamas. I was bailing keepers on every cast and it got to the point where I felt like hooking them up and handing them my rod so they could reel them in but I guess the fish gods must have been smiling because they finally lucked up and caught one fish each. (That's all I counted.) Jamie jigged his on a half ounce jig head with a BKD, Brandon caught one on some kind of funky looking yellow butter bean bucktail, and Mike was throwing a Heddon Super Spook. We were chasing birds over hard bottoms from 19' to 23' south of Kent Island with water temps in the low 80s. Some of our fish were breaking under birds and we got some pretty good ones on rocks along the shore. Great night, good summer fishing with a fun crew with lots of laughing and joking and the guy who posts the fishing report gets the last word!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Shawn...was really a great time last night...enjoyed meeting Mike...fishing with Brandon again....I have read your "info" 3 times now and the only facts that seem to be true are..."If it was Wednesday and we fished the false bottom the fish would be bigger"...
    I must've been busy tryng to catch my "one fish" in the back of the boat were you stuck me to see you "bailing keeper size fish on every cast"....

But as you said..... "Great night, good summer fishing with a fun crew with lots of laughing and joking and the guy who posts the fishing report gets the last word!"....

Can't wait to do it again my friend...

Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!

Sounds like a fun time was had by all , on and off the water .

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Talk about non-fisherman............I had a bad feeling about the trip when Jamie asked me how to tie a uni knot.

In any case - that was a good way to end a long holiday weekend and prep myself for the work week.

Chief Angler / Moderator

Thumbs up

Hey Shawn

Great time last night I am not sure I've laughed more on a fishing trip lately then last night, you know it's good fun when you're laughing and then realize you actually have a fish on which you might want to set the hook. It was nice fishing with you on your nice new rig, meeting and fishing with Mike and of course fishing with Jamie again. I did expect Capt. Wednesday to keep complaining about the fact that we should go to the False Bottom and that Wednesday fish are bigger, but hey, that's just par for your course with Capt. Wednesday on board Then all the talk that we should be trolling followed by as Mike said the question about the uni knot, I was not sure what the heck was going on, but since I was a guest I just rolled with it

In all seriousness, thanks the trip, great group of guys to fish and have a good time with, looking forward to doing it again soon

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Very funny report Shawn. I was initially feeling sorry for you, but that quickly changed to "what a crew". Sounds like a fun evening....Don

Nice report Shawn. Water looks glassy. must have been a purdy evening despite the heat.

Chief Angler / Moderator

Smile

Greg

I learned a lot from the trip last night, one of the things of which was that when fishing from a Judge makes all seas look calm, they eat it up and make the pictures even look calm. I also learned, apparently, that they always catch bigger fish, even bigger then Parkers. On top of it, I learned that the captain of the Judge you are fishing on always catches the biggest fish, even if only by an 1/8th, it's always bigger. I was thinking I was in the twilight zone, but after de-boarding the boat with Jumbo, he let me know that the Judge boats have some sort of spell that make it feel like the twilight zone and that he has fished on them before and built up a resistance to the spell like effect it has and informed me that he and I caught the biggest fish, his was bigger then mine, but they were still bigger then the other two.

Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!

Sounds like a great time was had by all

Brandon, that is not the twilight zone, it is a state of euphoria that Shawn is experiencing as a Judge owner. Every trip, every fish, and every cast is the experience of a lifetime as a Judge owner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast