bloodworms are in
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default bloodworms are in

If any of You guys like me are looking for some bloodworms to fish for croakers and white perch I just got a call from Greentop saying they got'em and their big an fat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!

Bobby,
    Please a short tutorial on salting bloodworms.
    Every time I do it, they empty out like an old balloon and are miserable to try to fish with.

What's the secret or is there one?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Use salt with no iodine. Do worms while still good if they get milky your wasting you time. When you put salt on the worms they are going to bleed and if you dont drain that blood off they will never freeze. I do it this way. take my small crab steamer and but the worms in the top section add salt and mix salt and worms together. Blood drips into bottom section. I keep cool whole time in a cooler. After worms dehydrate I shake excess salt off and put in quart bags in numbers I will use a trip and freeze. Smaller number of worms I take and salt worms in cups the come in with lots of grass between them and bottom so the juice runs to bottom and worms stay dry. Main thing is to keep worms out of fluid in bottom to dehydrate them and keep them cool. Only good for one thaw so don't pack too many together.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

NUCLEAR WORMS

R&B

You get em from Caroline at the Oysterhouse Market ?

They're from vietnam or somethin like that aren't they ?

Hey, I've got a cottage I've been workin on down there for a while- just about got it done.
    Might be able to finaly do some serious fishin this year.

Maybe I could hook up with ya some time and pick up some pointers on fishing around there ?

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!

Thanks Bobby,
    I suspect that as a charter captain, you'll have more to salt than us single baggers.
    Do you figure I could lay what remains from a bag on a paper towel and salt them?
    Won't that wick away all the blood and junk?

On the nuclear worms... They're unlike bloods which have to be cool. The nuclear have to stay above 60 degrees, but I kept some alive for 6 months by simply changing the mud and occasionally giving them a bath in saltwater.
    The bath seemed to get rid of any nastys they had on them and the fresh mud gave them something to eat.
    Almost became pets until they dried out.... Keep extra saltwater on them.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

jlowe,

yes i buy them from Caroline. bmail me or call next time you go down. chances are good i will too... unless the kids have a soccer game or something. love to impart what i know. should be an informative 30 secs or so.

sandworms are great. they just don't come in until warmer weather. they will die if they get too cool. i sprinkler some creek water on them every few days and they will last for weeks.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I have tried the Nuclear Worms and still stick with the real thing. Its hard to beat a juicy Blut Wurm[grin]

10. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements