NEW BOAT ON THE MARKET: Tideline Catamarans Introduction
    Reach Thousands of Anglers and Advertise on TidalFish.com

Post NEW BOAT ON THE MARKET: Tideline Catamarans Introduction

Hello Fellow Tidal Fisher,

We just joined the forum as an advertiser and wanted to introduce ourselves. We are a small company in eastern NC building semi-custom power catamarans. The goal of our boats is to give all the great benefits that can come with the ride of a catamaran but with the much better, more traditional looks of a "Carolina-style" boat. All of the stats and more in-depth information on the boat can be found at our website: www.tidelineboats.com.

We mainly wanted to get the word out that we will be in the water at the upcoming Annapolis Boat Show October 14-17. We hope to see some of you there and we also plan to participate on these forums going forward. My name is Michael Collins and there are a couple ways to reach me listed on our site. Please feel free to contact me anytime and I look forward to getting involved with this board.
    Michael Collins
    Tideline Boats
    80 Lanier Drive
    Washington, NC 27889
    www.tidelineboats.com

Some pictures of our boat:

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Wow, checked out your web site and quite an impressive boat. I sent you an e-mail.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Great to meet you Saturday and take you out for a ride. Glad we had some good weather to test her in. We will make sure we get you some pics of one outfitted with a t-top shortly. Please feel free to post any thoughts or comments on the boat here after seeing her in person. Thanks, Michael

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tideline Boats View Post
    Great to meet you Saturday and take you out for a ride. Glad we had some good weather to test her in. We will make sure we get you some pics of one outfitted with a t-top shortly. Please feel free to post any thoughts or comments on the boat here after seeing her in person. Thanks, Michael
    I only learned about Tideline boats last Thursday when they posted here on Tidal Fish, so I am in no way affiliated with them. After reviewing the pictures, specs, and claims on their web site, I was so impressed I contacted Them via e-mail and received a reply to my questions the very same day, as well as an invite to meet them at Oregon Inlet this morning (Saturday) for a demo to see just what the boat could do. Seems they were planing to shoot a promotional video in the afternoon and were willing take me out prior to doing so. I accepted their offer to satisfy my curiosity and interest which was peaked after reading the web site and communicaing with George. I sort of expected this would be a way to eliminate yet another canidate in my search for a small fuel efficient boat, with a shallow draft and rough water capibility. Boy was I in for a surprise. I'm not sure what the wind was blowing when I arrived at the Oregon Inlet Fishing Center this moring, but for frame of reference the fishing fleet had all stayed in port. I'm guessing it was 20 - 25. After introductions with Michael and George, the owners and creators of Tideline boats ,and a review of the boats features and construction we cast off and headed for the inlet. I was relieved when Michael said we were not going out through the breakers, but we did charge head long into some nasty 4 foot chop after clearing the bridge. The boat rode over and sliced right through it without any slap or slamming what so ever. In fact it was a comfortable ride at a planning speed. I was curious to see what the boat did in a beam sea so Michael turned and played around back and forth across the inlet. The boat stayed pretty much level and did not rock back and forth. Only once did a little wind blown spray come over the side. We stopped the boat in the middle of the inlet and chop to see how it would drift and again there was not excessive rocking back and forth. You actually could have fished from it quite comfortably. We rode the following seas back under the bridge into the sound comfortably, and Michael wanted to show me what it would do in the 2 foot bay chop. We were headed into the chop at about 24 mph and it was a smooth ride, but Michael said he was going to throttle up to show what would happen. The boat jumped up on top of the waves and was riding just as comfortably at 35 MPH. Even though the boat is fairly light at 2800 lbs. the wind and waves did not push it around and had no impact on its steerage. In fact with the hydrolic steering, you can take you hand off the helm and the boat would hold its line both going streight and in a curve. I took the helm for a while and the boat handled and felt like a much bigger and heaver boat,. It turns like a cat boat (Stays level), but Michael demonistrated that in a tight high speed turn it will lean into the turn and complete a 180 degree turn. We rode with the wind and following sea back down the sound and back to the boat ramp and it was very smooth ride in the chop at 30 + MPH. In short every once in a while you find a product that lives up to its claims and will do every thing it says it will do. Much to my surprise this was one of those times. It flat did every thing they said it would do. The boat is 19 ft long and 8.5 foot wide, but it rides and has the interior space of a 22 - 24 footer. It drafts only 13 inches and can have a trolling motor mounted on the bow, and when necessary it can get you through rough water in comfort and in a hurry. I would want a T-Top with curtains to provide some protection from the elementes in the winter. In fact I like all the options and then some. Adding these would drive the cost up, but it would still compare favoribly to some of the flats and bay boats on the market today. If you are in the market for a fuel efficient boat, that is easy to handle and also has rough water capibilities and a shallow draft, contact Michael or George and they will go out of their way to answer your questions and demonstrate the boat for you.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks for the Tideline review. I intend to look at this boat as I have a small cat right now and would consider a better one for the shallow draft but also to get out into the bay chop comfortably. I like the Tideline's features. I was confused about your description of the turn. Does the boat turn flat, as I would expect a cat to do, or does it lean into the turn like a monohull.?

I had a T top put on my small cat and never liked the boat's characteristics. I removed the top and the ride was considerably better and much less "squirrelly". I would let another buyer test a boat with a top before you commit.

Thanks for your comments. I believe we met at the recent BIAC meeting.

Bob
    Gloucester

Bob;
    Yes, I remember meeting you at the meeting. Sorry for the confusion on the turn description. The boat remains flat in a typical turn as you would expect a cat to do. However, they demonstrated that it is possible to execute a high speed tight turn and the boat leans into the turn. like a mono hull. I think you would need to be very use to the boat to execute it. I'm sure Michael or George can explain much better than I. Thanks for the heads up on the t-top. That is a definite requirement for me, but would not be happy if it screwed up the ride or handling charactorists of the boat. If you are considering another cat you should take a ride on this one, and I would be very interested in your comments as a current CAT owner at how this boat compared. I believe this boat would zip across bay chop at 30+ MPH and remain very comfortable. Trips to the CBBT would be shorter and much more enjoyable from our side of the bay.

Ric

I saw one going down the road the other day and I was impressed by the lines - nice looking

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

For those looking for us at the show, they moved us a bit from where they started us, but we are still on Dock D. We are also going to be staying thru monday morning in order to give a few test rides before heading back home, make sure you get up with us by Sunday to arrange a ride for monday if you are interested. Hope to meet some more of you over the weekend.

11. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements