What size poly tarp for 23' CC w/t-top?
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default What size poly tarp for 23' CC w/t-top?

For the past 9 years I've professionally had my boat shrink-wrapped each winter. But I saw the prices on the white boat tarps and could not believe for about $40 I could get a nice tarp and cover the boat myself. The shrink-wrapping costs me about $250 a year. So my question is...what size tarp are you other 23' t-top cc owners using? I was thinking 15'X25?

Thanks,

Db

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Depends on sale prices, but for our 23' W/A Cuddy O/B, I can get away with either a 15x30, or 20x30. ALWAYS a 30 though.

I made a take-down A-frame style support out of 2x4's, which sits on the boat, from bow to stern, with some overhang at both ends.

I'd suggest that a T-top would require at least a 20x30, but I'm only guessing.

I usually get a couple of years out of a cheaply constructed tarp, and up to three or four years out of the better made ones.

Have never had a collapsed or torn tarp in the harshest of winds and/or snow storms.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I use a 25x40 for my 22 wa w/ hardtop. Covers the engine & the winch stand. Been using it for 5 years. Support it well & cover all the sharp corners. It goes down the sides almost to the trl. Just buy a quality tarp. I'm thinking mine will last another 3-4 years....George

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I have a 23' with T top and bracket and a 20 x 30 works fine.

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements