My flats skiff build - Page 14
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Awesome Rob !! You know I've been watching and still amazed at what you have done for the first time. That had to of been a great feeling. Looking forward to seeing the other side come together.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfishgoddess View Post
    This is the coolest thing ever! I love it! I especially love how your little boy is riding his scooter around the garage and sweeping with the shop broom! You're not just building a boat but making wonderful memories...an inspiration to us all! Thank you!
    Thanks! Benji and I climbed into the boat today and we had a nice pretend cruise!

Quote Originally Posted by jig monster View Post
    Awesome Rob !! You know I've been watching and still amazed at what you have done for the first time. That had to of been a great feeling. Looking forward to seeing the other side come together.
    Thanks John, I've been taking my time as you can tell. The inside will probably take a while, but I'm starting to feel comfortable around the tools, epoxy and paint. Hopefully this side will go faster. Will do a little cleanup on the inside this week, but will probably start getting my big boat ready for the season as well. Time for a fishing trip!

Rob

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber CaptNemo's Avatar

The color is perfect, I was thinking along the same lines for mine. The transom looks sweet too...its going to be a flats yacht, not a flats skiff

I'm with Nemo... Yacht! Glad to see the flip went well. It can make a man nervous. It is a fun time though when everybody assembles to help you out. I am hoping to make my last flip this weekend. I am currently upside down fairing out the keel and sides. I need to apply gel coat then flip right side up for the last time this rain and cold temps are killing my fairing efforts... I need a garage.

Thanks, Capt. Nemo. That gray on the hull sides is just the finish primer. You might be able to tell from the video, I still need to do a little sanding to get the gloss off (sand down to 400 grit) before final topcoat on the sides. She will end up being jet black on the sides. I think I have her fair enough to pull it off. I've been really happy with Alexseal and their support.

Chili, you need to move a copy of your build thread over here to the builders board, stuff moves too quickly over on the main board especially with Rockfish season in full swing And what's with this cold weather? 85 on Saturday and 45 today, this is just nuts.

damn that looks good for primer, good, now I wont feel like I'm copying you when I do my hull in platinum grey...

The gray is growing on me, but I think she will look good in black too. Looking forward to seeing your progress pics. Have you done any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    The gray is growing on me, but I think she will look good in black too. Looking forward to seeing your progress pics. Have you done any more?
    Black is going to look awesome, I would never attempt it for lack of skill/patience in fairing, but I'm sure yours will look bad A$$.

I haven't done anything, I have three weeks off coming up, so I will get after it then.

Do you have the heads plumbed and the staterooms decorated yet? We need an update on your interior work. Hopefully life has been kind to you and left a couple hours for boat work. DNR issued my hull ID # on monday.... It felt good.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast