My flats skiff build - Page 15
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    Do you have the heads plumbed and the staterooms decorated yet? We need an update on your interior work. Hopefully life has been kind to you and left a couple hours for boat work. DNR issued my hull ID # on monday.... It felt good.
    Not a whole lot of progress to report. I'm kinda in that mode of "if I knew then what I know now...." I would have been a lot cleaner while planking the boat. I had lots of oozed, dried epoxy that I just recently finished cleaning up. Did you know if you hit some dried epoxy with a chisel and hammer, a piece can actually fly off and lodge in your forehead? Yup, sharp little piece that looked like a clipped fingernail right in my head! %&^#%$

Anyway, what else? I have finished pulling fillets inside and will be glassing the inside soon. I've also ordered my divinycell which will be used for the bulkheads, console and also on the hull sides between the ribbands. Fuel tank should also be here soon as well. Will post up some pics once there is something to actually look at.

Congrats on getting the hull ID. I did that a few years ago when i built my pontoon boat. Couldn't believe how fast I was in and out of the DNR office.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Still not much to report. Did get around to glassing the bottom the last couple of days.

Here's the latest video update. Not too much to report as most of this work is cleanup and prep for the interior. I think I am going to add a second camera as the angle doesn't really show what I am doing...

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Keep up the good work Rosco. I bet you are looking forward to a little summer vacation from the build. Can't wait to see you get back on it.

Hey Travis,

Doing little things here and there as time allows. Have the first bulkhead installed and tabbed in. Will get the other two in and the shelf for the fuel tank installed prior to taking the rest of the summer off from the build. How is your build going? Still building or fishing?

Here's a video update of me fitting and installing the bulkheads. The 1st and 3rd bulkheads are in place. The second one is just sitting there until I finalize fuel tank placement and fabricate a shelf to mount it on.

had to give myself a deadline for motivation. I know it's a softball, but I need something to aim towards or this will go on forever!

Finally back to work on the skiff. This was one hot hot summer and it was hard to get back in the garage and start sanding in that heat. Anyway, I'm back at it and on track to have her completed by April 1st. Hope to have the area where the fuel tank will get installed primed and painted by the weekend.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Looking good. Yet another reason I'll be looking forward to spring. Kepp up the hard work as she is definately woth it and looks great!
    Mike

Trying to get back on track! Even made myself a little project plan. Sprayed some high build primer today. Baby steps for now, but I plan on hitting it hard for the next several months.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast