My flats skiff build
Page 1 of 39 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default My flats skiff build

I'm building this boat in my garage in St. Mary's. Anyway, thought I would share a time lapse video of our progress yesterday. This is a father son project and we are having a blast.

Rob

Rob,

Is that a kit? If so from what company? Only Redfish17 I could find was from Hewes.

Nice way to follow your progress. Your son will thank you once grown.

It's from CB-boatworks.com It's been a fun process so far and he asks everyday what we are doing next so it keeps me on track.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flatsboat1.jpg 
Views:	4024 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	43120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flatsboat2.jpg 
Views:	2154 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	43121  

4. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

I have more build and process pictures over on the CB-boatworks website. I guess I can post them over here too if you guys want to see them. We will be removing the keel and stringers that were dry fitted during that time lapse video and putting masking tape on all of the jig stations. We need to do that to make sure the boat doesn't become glued to the jig. We are also going to start working on the transom, but may have to move the camera to capture that action.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    I have more build and process pictures over on the CB-boatworks website. I guess I can post them over here too if you guys want to see them.
    Not sure about anyone else but Norton is giving me the "Danger" sign on the CB-boatworks site. Posting them here would be appreciated.

Ok, let's see if I can get these pics to show up. When Benji and I decided to start this project, we knew a had a lot of pre-work to do so we spent about 2 weeks cleaning out the garage and adding insulation to our garage doors. Then Marc sent the specifics on the base that we needed to build. Here are a few pics from Benji and I building the base. We didn't have the time lapse camera system built yet at this point.

Let's see if this works, then I'll post the rest of the pics.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

please do post the photos! Looks cool.

TED

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Now that is GREAT!! Keep us updated, nothing like running around in a boat you built.

All I can say is clean up any epoxy drips before they dry. Vinegar for un-cured epoxy clean up is the way to go.

What brand epoxy are you going to use?

Bob
    Last edited by Bob L; 12-19-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: spl

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Now that is GREAT!! Keep us updated, nothing like running around in a boat you built.

All I can say is clean up any epoxy drips before they dry. Vinegar for un-cured epoxy clean up is the way to go.

What brand epoxy are you going to use?

Bob
    Yep, the vinegar is amazing stuff for removing uncured epoxy. Through a personal recommendation I decided to go with epoxy from US composites. So far, it's been very easy to work with.

Rob

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

What an awesome father-son project!!! Very cool!! Look forward to the rest of the pics and video.

Page 1 of 39 123 ... LastLast