Question Fishing in Italy - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I went to Amalfi and Capri a few years ago. Did not see any charter fishing. Most recreational fishing in Amalfi is done at night from shore. They use surf rods with lighted bobbers. But I think most of the fish caught are small fish...nothing like big stripper or catfish. In fact, I think if they caught large white persh or spot, those Itallians would be thrilled.

I'd drop the fishing and just hit up the rocky beaches during the day. Half the women sunbath topless. Now that's a catch!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Under Investigation by Tidal Fish Admin

I dont think catching strippers is legal in Italy , even if you practice catch and release , my wife outlawed catching strippers even though I never brought one home , go figure?

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MRE View Post
    I lived on Elba for a few years and fished when I could, the Bluefin migrate through and we fished on both Elba and Sardinia, swordfish are around as well, there is still a resident population of Great whites, though they tend to stay further south (sicily). I was lucky and had access to boats, not really sure there is much of a charter scene, but for some local fun go to the port in Portoferaio, Elba where there is a healthy fishing fleet of small boats they are usualy happy to take you out and catch squid at night and when they are around and the Bluefin will be right behind them. July and august were good for bluefin. (Note 60lb Bluefin on a handline will get your attention.)
    I think we will be staying in Portoferaio for 2 nights. Were sailing from Rome to Portovenenere and Elba is deffinitly one of our stoping points. I figure ill just Rome the docks and see what I can find. I think going out with the local watermen while working sounds like more fun than a charter. Thanks for the info. I will post a report if I get into anything.

JP

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Portoferiao is a neat town and the local fishermen will leave in the early evening, ask the owner of the "Baretto" - the little bar on the water front for some guidance. Best seafood restaurant in all of Italy is the crummy looking joint in the comercial port called the "Stella del Mare" fabulous wine selection as well.

6. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12