Ficht 2000 200HP Cold starting and starting once stopped
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Ficht 2000 200HP Cold starting and starting once stopped

I'll try to explain, starting my engine cold and doing every thing it saids like to let the lights go out to pressure your system, motor turns over and then cuts off. After 4 times idle works good and runs great the whole day. No surging and at slow speeds idles great. I fish alot and everytime I go to another spot, the first crank won't work, always on the second. I put knew spark plugs in last week and had them index. Could something not be right with the spark plugs indexing. Like I said it idles great, runs well, just this starting problem. Even got a new battery and it does the same thing. Never done this before. One factory rep. I called said because of the gas this is a common issue. Has anyone heard of this problem with the older motors, thanks.

PS. I did this test about 10 times yesterday, Stopped motor and woldn't start first crank always on second.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Bob H.'s Avatar

Indexing the plugs won't buy you anything (save it for race engines) if the fuel/air mix is correct. It's likely starting the second time b/c it's like having a choke on, you've dumped extra fuel in the combustion chamber and it didn't burn. Run some Seafoam or Berryman's B-12 through the fuel system. Decarbon the engine if it hasn't been done in while.

Thanks for getting back to me but I am a little confused, with my engine you are saying you don't have to index the plugs. All manuals say you have to before you put them in. I have never decarb the engine and didn't know about the additives for the fuel system. Will try that. Besides that problem, it runs great.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Bob H.'s Avatar

Indexing the plugs puts the ground electrode away from the incoming fuel charge. A properly designed combustion chamber will thoroughly mix the incoming fuel charge and you'd need a dyno to verify performance gain from indexing. Getting a good swirl of the intake charge can have it's challenges since intake and exhaust ports dictate a lot of the combustion chamber design. I do see where the Fiche calls for indexing the plugs. It also looks like they were trying to address performance issues since there's about 8 different sparks they played with. If the timing of the Fiche is such that the intake is still fuel rich during ignition then indexing will help with a more complete burn. The jury is still out on how much power can be gained by indexing, but on low performance engines you'll never know the difference. A double dose of fuel system cleaner, 2oz/gal, should clear up any deposits on the engine. 2-strokes leave carbon buildup on the pistons that can hurt performance, abraid cylinder walls and cause detonation. Decarbonizing makes a smokey mess but will leave the pistons nice and shiny, try just running Seafoam or B-12 in a tank of gas first.

thanks I will try that first

8. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements