Tidal Fish Forum banner

Dodge hemi advice needed

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  fistful of jigs 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 jeep grand Cherokee with the 5.7L hemi. Purchased in 2008 with 17k on it, now has 93k on it. It tows great and is enjoyable to drive however it's started to randomly stall. No sputtering, just shuts off. Then need to throw it in park or neutral, turn key to off then on and it starts right back up

Been to the dealer twice, first time replaced ignition switch, second time flashed 4 on board computers. Still happens.

It happens sitting at a light, it's happened going 45 down the highway. doesn't happen everyday, at one point went 500 miles between stalls.

I don't get any dtc codes, check engine light pops on but does not stay on.

Belt, t-stat, Plugs were replaced in September around 87k, stalling Started around 91k

At this point I'm just throwing parts at it which it and replacing things that typically need replacing near 100k

Going to try replacing egr valve, crank position sensor, map sensor, Pcv and do plugs again (with plugs from molar dealer)

So if anyone on here is a dodge mechanic or is familiar with the late model hemi, I could really use some help.

See less See more
#4 ·
Cat, you may be right, I unplugged the egr and have gone 270 miles so far with no stall. Have a new one on hand and will swap it out soon. I hope that's it. Others have had to reroute wiring harnesses, all kinds of **** just to keep things working.

#5 ·
You say no DTC codes?? before you throw a lot of money into it, get a code reading, check engine light always has some trouble codes associated with it.
assuming that you have a code reader,carry it with you & ,plug it in & read the codes as soon as the engine light comes on, if you don't have a code reader ,,buy or borrow one,,,trouble codes can be an invaluable tool for diagnostics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.