Tidal Fish Forum banner

Micro guides

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Steve F 
#1 ·
Does anybody on here run micro guides on their rods? If so, what sizes would you normally run for a 7'3 rod. This will be my next build. Thanks.

#8 ·
MGs

There are numerous options in addition to the two listed. Some folks use dental bands to hold them in place; others, including myself, use a tiny speck of hot glue near the ring. After seven or eight wraps, you can "flick: the glue off with your exacto or razor blade. It pops right off. Just don't accidently use rod tip adhesive for that, it has a tendency to want to stay put withou heat and also leaves a residue.

All of my rods have micro guides.

#7 ·
I was at the rod show last weekend and had many conversations with a longtime friend who owns Swampland Tackle and he wraps about 15 micro guided rods a week. Get a piece of putty and put the guide where you want it and put the putty in front of the guide and push it onto the blank and the guide will basically be held by having the putty mushed into the eye of the guide! Personally, I don't build them, but good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.