Tidal Fish Forum banner

Ford F250 electrical help

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  vtfisher 
#1 ·
I have a 03 F250 with the 7.3 diesel 401,000 miles runs great but having a small electrical isue. sometimes when I start the truck the radio, and windows don't work after running it for a min they will start working sometimes when I open the door everything will start working also. any one had this isue before. Also sometime while I am driving the doors will lock for no reason. the last isue is with the AC when I put it on max ac the air blows out of the windshield defrost openings when I turn it back to just regular ac the air blows correct. One time I turned on the 4x4 and that made the ac start blowing correctly also. Let me know if anyone has had these isues before. I am want to be able to point my mechanic in the right direction to save on diag. costs. thanks.

david

#2 ·
As far as the Ac Issue, you most likely have a vacuum leak somewhere or the blend door is bad. The blend door is vacuum operated so i would look for the vacuum leak first. As far as the lock issue. you may have a short in the wires where they enter your drivers side door. Since the door constantly opens and closes the wires bend back and forth constantly and are prone to short or break.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.