DIY Riviera Maya Flats Fishing
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default DIY Riviera Maya Flats Fishing

Had an amazing visit to Tulum, Mexico recently and we found some great DIY flats fishing for bonefish around the Boca Paila bridge. Put together an episode for our YouTube channel "The Tecnical Fisherman" and thought folks on here might find it interesting/ useful in the event you are planning a trip to the area or are interested in places you get get after bones, permit and tarpon without hiring a guide.

Heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE05T...e_gdata_player

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I fished down there a few years ago staying in Tulum and hired a panga guy for about $50 for the day just to run me around. I caught so many bonefish I got tired of it and then went after permit and cudas. Got into some cudas but no permit. I've never caught bones in Andros or FL but people say the Mexican Bonefish don't fight as hard. I can't believe that is true. Everyone I got with a 7 wt took me well into my backing and one almost spooled me with 250 yrds of backing.

That place is awesome and Tulum is an incredible place for people looking to take significant others as long as you don't want a resort style vacation.

Thanks for posting.