Done with this forum - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Here We Go View Post
    I wasn't going to chime in again but I will!

I have little to no respect for a bragging post especially when it involves screwing someone over.

What Buddy ole Pal Rod fails to tell everyone in his great shooting picture is that he moved in and a fellow fishing member, dropped his frickin diver down flag anchored up and pushed him out of his fishing hole!

I say good riddens!

May A Thousand Hooks Plague You on the bottom while you are diving...enjoy your bragging while it lasted!
    I got to ask when that was...i was on there with him both days we didn't have an issue like you stated. In fact i did have two boats come up one while i had a diver down within 30 yds that we had to quote the law to. The other came in and asked politly if we had anyone in the water we told hime we were on a suface interval and only were free diving so they were fine. Or were you talking about the last day when everyone was jockying around one or two wrecks sites over (because there are 20 in close proximity) and we made our approch on our intended target and anchored (took 2 attempts) and then entered the water. That might have been it because the anchor did pull and the boat had to maintain position over our bubbles till surfacing like a proper boat tending its divers.

But whatever guess everyone sees things from their own side just another day on TF

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Agree with Kapoc. Was on the boat the first day as well. Certainly never was part of "dropping a dive flag on top of someone". We were all alone diving when another boat slow cruised up with 20-30 yards. A dive flag is not an invitation to come closer and rubber neck. Laws are laws for a reason and our position was established. We explained to them the law and they moved on with seemingly no problems. No need to fabricate stuff "here we go"

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

How far away is necessary to maintain safe diving??

prev | next

§ 29.1-734.1. Skin and scuba divers.

A. No person shall engage in skin diving or scuba diving from a boat in the waters of this Commonwealth which are open to boating, or assist in such diving, without displaying a diver's flag from a mast, buoy, or other structure at the place of diving; and no person shall display such flag except when diving operations are under way or in preparation or display a diver's flag in a location which will unreasonably obstruct vessels from making legitimate navigational use of the water.

B. The diver's flag shall be square, not less than twelve inches on a side, and shall be of red background with a diagonal white stripe, of a width equal to one fifth of the flag's height, running from the upper corner adjacent to the mast downward to the opposite outside corner.

C. No operator of a vessel under way in the waters of this Commonwealth shall permit such vessel to approach closer than twenty-five yards to any structure from which a diver's flag is then being displayed.

Chief Angler / Moderator

I hate to see anyone go and I hate hearing about the BS that goes on. Here is my message to everyone, if someone starts harassing you about something either on the forum, via private message or even email please let me know as soon as it happens. I'm over any of the BS that goes on and I'll take a look into it and if anyone is harassing someone they will be ban from Tidal Fish. Life's too short and this place is supposed to be fun, not some bashing place. In general I think things have been good lately, however there will always be a flare up now and then, when that happens please let me know.
    Brandon

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks kapoc!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Avery View Post
    Do tell...I've never seen a forum w/o some drama. I few years ago I bought a canon HV-20 video camera. They have a forum called hv20.com. I thought for sure they could discuss taking video with no drama....guess what drama. sportfishermen.com, vbsf.net, 360tuna.com, bloodydecks, noreast.com....guess what....drama. My forum for my droid phone has drama. People with facebook live in a fantasy camp because the moment says something on their wall that has even the slightest tone of disagreement...they get banned from their page. Life is not like that. If folks would just learn to debate the issue and not the person, we could all have civil discussions that would enrich our brains. I value different points of view and welcome discussions that have various points of view. But many folks have egos the size of texas and they get bruised too easily and soon they stop discussing the issue and start attacking the person. If we could just all learn to stick to the issue and respect others that have differing opinions, this forum and all internet forums could be a place of learning w/o the drama. But in the meantime, I guess we'll just have to weed through the drama to get to the nuggets of good info. But please do tell, where is this magical forum with zero drama.
    You said it so well, Mike.

One might like to think (I certainly do) that reasonable minds could all come to reasonable conclusions about most disputes, or just agree to disagree and let 'er go, move on, etc... but the sad truth is that a very few bad apples can sour the whole barrel in no time. Tack on the whole uncertain inferences / fuzzy implications routine inherent in brief textual communication, and a social minefield quickly results.

So until there are perfect people (HA!) as you say there is no perfect forum (although some are better moderated than others, which I suppose discourages the ever-present hater fraction from indulging so freely as they'd like). We all have a long way to go before reaching a state of perfection, I suspect. Don't see that happening within very many lifetimes, and know better than to think I'm in that club. Style trumps substance all too often. Too few moms taught, and/or too few kids caught, that thing about, "If you don't have something nice to say..."

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234