Trolling in a cuddy
    TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Trolling in a cuddy

I have a Bayliner Capri 1950 cuddy cabin and would like to set up for trolling on the bay. My biggest obstacle seems to be that the space is very limited for installing rod holders or having a good place to attatch planer board tow lines. I thought about modifying the bimini top frame to accomodate them but am not sure it would be practical. Does anyone usie their small cuddy cabin for trolling or have any ideas? I saw what I estimated to be a 14' bow rider that was fitted up with a killer rocket launcher. looked like it would handle a 12 rod spread. I doubt if it had a 6' beam, but it looked like it meant business. If it works for that little boat, surely someone has tried something that will be suitable for a 19.5' cuddy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Post this on the main chesapeake board - no one goes here and it's an appropriate topic for the main board.

In short - you can do it. My buddy trolled 12 lines on an 18 aluminum CC without a t-top for a season. There have been a couple threads for guys with short CC's asking the same question. A search may turn up that thread

Thanks, Ill da a search right now. Thanks for correcting a newbie on where to post this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

No worries - you are actually posting in the right place, but few follow the protocols of where to post, and Brandon provides a lot of leeway on the subjects on the main board. Good luck.

Here is the one I was thinking of - had an interest because a buddy of mine just started fishing the bay out of a 17 cc without a t-top

https://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...center+console

Thanks, The Sea Pro center console looks like they made good use of limited space. I currently haven't any rod holders except 2 clamp ons but have flush mounts that I plan to install on the transom and gunnels. The rocket launcher I saw on the smaller boat was similar but was attatched to both gunnels, leaving the deck space free and high enough to pass under. while searching yesterday, I saw a set that fits on the bimini top frame, but don't know if it or the frame will prove to be secure enough.

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements