Tidal Fish Forum banner

Nutbush?

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  JBee 
#1 ·
Anybody fished Nutbush lately? I'll be camping there this weekend and was hoping to find some fish near Henderson Point. I've heard of a few near Clarksville but was hoping to not have to run that far. Hope to see you folks at the meeting!
God Bless,
Jim

#2 ·
Well, I did find a few fish in Nutbush and also a few underwater humps that were not on my chart! Lost 4 sets of double bucktails and a whole Alabama rig in an instant, almost lost a downrigger ball and a u-rig retriever.....
Learned a whole lot more about jigging from Ltlweed and was able to put it to good use, got a personal limit of 3 fish each day. Took a while to tune my fishfinder in to mark the fish at speed but once I knew what to look for it was fairly simple. Hard part is getting back on them and putting out the trolling motor before they skidaddle. And guessing where they are heading.
Ate fresh fish and have few in the deep freeze for a family fish fry. Got to love having a few days consectutively on the water to figure out a pattern! :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.