Tidal Fish Forum banner

Bash Talk

10K views 59 replies 14 participants last post by  RANGER690 
#1 ·
All input appreciated... Dates?

#3 ·
I assume you are referring to NWR and preachers PP. We usually start fishing for them mid to late Jan. with normal winter weather. Last year they were late to spawn and not as plentiful. Feb dates sound good to me. I guess its time for me to reclaim my perch title in this years bash. I plan to follow Bosko .

#12 ·
hey dayton is rapp and your dad coming this year. hope to see them again. i think everyone who knew keith will miss him. i just wish i could have taken him fishing with me before the end. we tryed but with his health he never made it. rest in peace Pan-Man. we luved you.

#19 ·
How about Feb. 2? If so I'll let James and Dennis know. We could set Feb. 9 as a back up date.

Since this is my first bash I have some questions:
1)- Is there an entry fee?
2) What are the start/stop times?
3) How many poles can you use?
4)- How many fish can you weigh in?
5)- How about if there's a tie?
6)- Can you use live bait?
7)- If you fall in the water at the ramp can you still fish?
8)- Are there public restrooms?
9)- Is it gonna be windy?
10)- What is a yellow perch and are they good to eat?

#20 ·
The date is being decided over on the Moo Board.

Answers:
1. Optional.
2. Yes
3. 1 or more
4. One yellow perch. TapOut gets to weigh a crappie.
5. There will not be a tie. If it is close, someone will drop the fish in the dirt and reweigh
6. Yes. Even dead.
7. Yes, according to Spec2
8. Yes. Very luxurious porta-potty, right there were everyone can hear.
9. Yes.
10. Against the law for anyone other than Native Americans to consume Yellow perch. I collect the fish and drop them off to the Indians on my way home.

#21 ·
Here's a great idea. Have a timed race to see who can get their boat launched the fastest. It will be really cool if there's ice on the ramp.

More questions:

11)- If 2 or more people are fishing out of the same boat then how do you know who caught what?
12)- How can you tell how old a yellow perch really is?
13)- Do you get extra credit for fishing right in the middle so the bass guys can't get by?
14)- What if it's too cold. Can we call Dalton to re-schedule?
15)- Are there any motels in Chesapeake, and if so is there a place to park my boat?
16)- What if there's lightning the day before the bash?
17)- Do you have to be a member (or have a member) to fish the bash?

#22 ·
11. You mark your own fish. One guy fillet the right side of his, the other guy the left.
12. Ear bone. I have the Indians save them to give to the biologist.
13. Yes, but you need a partner boat. Each with 18' rods out the sides. Sharp bends are best. Double extra credit if you start taping video when you hear them coming. The cussing when they have to back down it priceless.
14. Of course, we don't fish if it's too cold or too hot. Clayton makes the decision at 11pm the night of.
15. Yes. I used your name and got a wheelchair accessable room. That shower space was like heaven. 6 of us could have partied in there.
16. As always, wind, hail, lightning, snow, ice, and clouds will immediately cancel the Bash.
17. No member rules. You keep your in your pants and all will be fine.
18. Other Member rules. Please bring that guy from Clarksville who goes to the party and can't Member how to get back to the room.
19. Bash end time will be 2 hours prior to start time of ESPN2 Nascar 2013 Outlook program.

#23 ·
Respone to response to the never asked question #18... Can you believe they made that stooge my boss? Yes that's right. I taught him all he knows and now he's telling ME what to do. Just shows to go ya' - youth is wasted on the young.

Anyhoo, I've invited him and we're just waiting for date to be set.

#24 ·
SOOOOOOO somebody please tell me what up wiff the bash. When, where i think i know that one . Just curious dont think we will fish but think we might make the weigh in. So to see it stay in VA. And just to see some you old ugly farts.

#31 ·
Haven't had anything to say on this thread until now.:yes: I'm guessing but I think the first bash was somewhere around 2003 and starting about 2005 went to at least 2 per year.:yes: Every bash was on a Saturday even with the input of some who voiced their concerns about having it on a Sunday for the same reasons as being voiced at this time.:yes: Now there are a few of us who cannot participate in making this decision so we can only hope those who do vote use their heads and not be lead down the path of "drinking the cool aid".(Does this sound familiar) I myself think some over there must have had a BRAIN FART one morning and came up with the bright idea; "Let us have the bash on a Sunday not Saturday and better yet, let us have it on Super Bowl Sunday just to see how small a group we can get together." Case closed.:yes: What has happen to all the leaders in this here world.:yes:doh

Acey

#34 ·
Superbowl is at 6 weigh in is at 3 even pre game stuff does not start till 5, Bass tourney on the 9th, now that would be fun. Nothing like playing dodge boat with the masked men and parking? Sunday? Many never could make a Saturday. I think somebody just afraid to lose their $5. Anyone on this board ever won? LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.