Looking for a Chesador puppy..
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Looking for a Chesador puppy..

Tidalfish has been on a roll with helpful information, so I figured maybe I could impose one more time. I am looking for a dog that likes the outdoors, can spend time on a boat or in the woods. The dog must also be good with kids and protective. I believe a Chesador is the dog I want. Does anyone know where I can find one, not looking for one from a puppy mill. I just want a healthy dog, that is not an inbred. The dog would be part of the family and spoiled rotten. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I have a mut dog and she is a sweet puppy, she loves the boat a lot. I think its funny that your tidalfish name is boatdog but yet your asking for a boat dog

Sorry I don't have any leads on a chesador but if you decide on a pure lab I would highly recommend slyfoxlabs.com. My wife and I bought our dog a little over a year ago and she is great. Loves the outdoors, fetching, water, boat and especially kids. I don't think they keep there website up too date but you can find them on Facebook or give them a call.

Good Luck with your search

Steve

If you happen to decide on a pure Chessie I can recommend Chesmal kennels near Denton.

I've gotten two of my dogs from Washington Animal Rescue League. They're a first class operation and I highly recommend them for anyone looking for a dog. They usually have a variety of ages and breeds and they get adopted quickly so there are usually new dogs coming in on a regular basis. I don't worry too much about breeds just going and meeting the dog and seeing how they are with my family and my other dogs. Most dogs like the boat and the outdoors.

http://www.warl.org/

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Tubby on the board has sold many Chesador puppies. They are very nice looking dogs. Many TFers have bought them and all reports are positive........ Gary

i've raised labradors for hunting for 25 years and i will caution you against a chesador. Chesapeake bay retrievers although turn out to be good hunting dogs can also be a handful for a trainer. they tend to be more hardheaded than a lab. I had a Chesapeake/ Labrador mix and was the absolute hardest dog i ever trained. he turned out fine but required a lot of work. if you want a good family dog that is easy to train i would stick with a lab.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

You described a Black Lab almost perfect in your want ad.

I've had three and own one right now - not sure if I'd own any other breed.

Kid friendly - beyond. My kids should have been bitten for some of the rough housing they did but the dogs never bite. If fact , I've never heard of a Lab biting just out of spite.

Water / boat - Hell yes , you'll have trouble keeping them out of either one.

Woods - That depends on training but most love the outdoors.

Protection - More bark then bite but few will mess with a 60-90 lb dog barking. " Ruckus " - Lab I own now , only barks or growls when some one or some thing is around. He learned neighbors cars so does not bark at them.

You owe it to yourself and family to find a puppy. The bonding is special but be fore warned - expensive. Now matter how careful - they'll chew up a few items.

The things a Lab puppy can get into - you have to own one to understand.

Chessie and Chessie mix are awesome dogs but really need a lot of room. They were bred as a work horse more then a pet.

The only complaint I've heard - some can be over protective of family.

The one complaint with Labs is the hair. It gets every where - no matter how often brushed. They also love to push against your walls and because of oil in hair - leave a smudge print. It wipes clean but expect the lower walls to get dirty.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    Tubby on the board has sold many Chesador puppies. They are very nice looking dogs. Many TFers have bought them and all reports are positive........ Gary
    This is Skippy. She's about 4. Very sweet dog and good retriever. From Tubby's first litter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	540817_3970806000311_1890496858_n.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	69423  

11. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements