What Happened to Center Console Clarence (CCX2)? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Wow! That guy got banned???? Damn! There is aways an asshole in every group. Cant count how many Marine infantry platoons I've had, and always had a smart ass in the bunch aside from the S*&#t birds. CCX seemed to simply be a smart ass. Maybe his comments are childish, provoking, stupid, funny, ignorant, insightfull, dull, mean, and so on and so on. But thats a matter of perspective! Well, it isnt my site trying to make money. But I'd have to say, if I gotten rid of every smart ass Marine that pissed me off every day; what a panty waste, thinned skinned, coward I'd of been.
    Hell!!! Ban us all!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

This is the internet. You can not fish on the computer. I know CC personally, and have for years, and he is the most genuine guy you would ever have the fortune to come across, willing to help anyone with anything, and definetly one of the better fishermen in Tidewater. Cyberspace can be a disguise, and many use it to their advantage. Others use it for amusement. If you are gonna cry about productive threads and fishing info, you need to get out more and figure it out yourself, rather than have your feelings hurt and hope for someone to throw you a bone.I have met folks from this message board that I did not think I would like based on their posts, and realized that they are fine people after actually meeting them. There are lots of "personalities" here that are good people that you may not like (and said some nasty things about) because of a post on the internet. This is not the place to judge character, it is an internet website about fishing, and apparently anything else you would like to throw out there, based on the discretion of Ascot Man and his trusty side moderator Albin.

Personally, I like the good and the bad on here, it keeps it interesting. If it dwindles down to constant lollipops and shiny sun rays, and "wtg" and "you're the man" all the time, it will get boring quick.

Ascot and Albin, that's good stuff, I don't care how you voted...

Chief Angler / Moderator

I looked up what one of our moderators did and why and it seems these two guys contribute a lot more negative then positive stuff as of lately. I am not interested in putting up with BS from people on a regular basis and asked the moderators that help to be on the look out. Seems there have been an a large amount of complaints.

I had emailed both of them several time because of things that I read long before anything recent and asked them to cool it.

Having fun and joking around is one thing, but when you jump on people on a regular basis it just gets old. Then what happens is no one wants to post anything because they just do not want to put up with the BS. I totally agree and understand and I think you would as well, think skin or not, if it keeps happening over and over and over.

We have a BS board if people want to shoot the stuff and while I think some things should go when the season is slow, at some point enough is enough.

Agree or not, I want to keep Tidal Fish a place where people aren't afraid to ask questions and share information.
    Brandon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Finnicky View Post
    My point exactly! That's why there are other forums on this board for cooking, and traveling, and anything else!
    This has been a topic that is being discussed at the "water cooler" ...... You'd be surprised how many people are talking about this offline ...... I guess it's good publicity for TF ....... Most of what I hear, people are tired of certain rock stars getting the run of the joint ......

Brandon, Sir, I like your site; all of it!! Even the "turds" that piss off some folks. Its your baby to "grow" as you desire; but I have to say I enjoy the juvenile stuff too. Your perspective is the rule, I understand, but you yourself remind folks to read what they want and respond to what they want while overlooking the rest. I suppose, I'm asking that you dont go to far down the road of positive vs. negative. I love "salty" ribbing and that keeps me comig back, I suppose many others as well. You've a balance to keep, understandable; smart asses have place too and they have a following as well.
    Thanks.

Chief Angler / Moderator

I think I have been consistent over the years in all the forums, when it is the slow season a little more is let go then normal. During the season I think it's fair to say I try and keep it pretty on topic and frankly I do not have to do much because the fishing talk and reports fill things up.

I can understand people's point of view that it's fishing on the internet, you need think skin. Some people have thicker skin then others.

Moderating forums is just one of those things that you can not make everyone happy all the time. I am not saying I or other moderators have not made mistakes on both sides, letting things go too long and sometimes being too short on the trigger. I/we are human like anyone else, if there is a bunch of BS on there and I log in at 10pm after a long day, I try to keep a level head but sometimes I just sick of all the drama. On the other hand I/we have let things go too long. I think we do a decent job overall when it all evens out.

And I will throw this out there, if any small group of people want their own forum where they can have their own set of rules to govern the tone I am happy to give that to you, just let me know. There are actually a bunch of those forums on Tidal Fish, some are closed and invite only, some are open to others and some are totally closed as in only people that know about them can even see them or have access. I am pretty flexible, so just let me know if that is something a group wants.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Saucier View Post
    Brandon, Sir, I like your site; all of it!! Even the "turds" that piss off some folks. Its your baby to "grow" as you desire; but I have to say I enjoy the juvenile stuff too. Your perspective is the rule, I understand, but you yourself remind folks to read what they want and respond to what they want while overlooking the rest. I suppose, I'm asking that you dont go to far down the road of positive vs. negative. I love "salty" ribbing and that keeps me comig back, I suppose many others as well. You've a balance to keep, understandable; smart asses have place too and they have a following as well.
    Thanks.
    X2

I don't get it, Why not just start another Forum? That way if it offend the people on here with thin skin, then they do not have to read it or be apart of it. What is this RUSSIA?

Chief Angler / Moderator

Well I do not think it is Russia, after all that model did not work. All kidding aside the main forums have a happy medium to keep because they are the "open to all". While one group of people say you either have thick skin or not, there is another contingent of folks who say some fun is fun, but at some point enough it enough. Where I draw the line is when people post fishing reports or useful information and and regardless how good or bad it is get jumped on over and over. While some guys mind find that drama amusing, at some point it gets old and people leave. Since I'm the host I want everyone to have a good time, but as you know with any party, bar or get together when things start to cross a line you have to put the hammer down to establish some boundaries. With the two guys we are talking about it's not like the moderator just out of the blue pulled the trigger. Like I said I know I have emailed them several times over the last few months just asking them to tone it down.

I'm OK with things being fun and having some edge, but like I said at some point it crosses a line. Where that line is is not something always easy to define, moderating forums with so many people is as much an art as a science. Tidal Fish has grown beyond what I ever thought it might, it has 62,000+ registered users, over 2/3 of those log in at least once every four months. Tidal Fish sees over 95,000 unique visitors/month and that is in the off season. During the seasons we see over 130,000 unique visitors a month and it keeps growing. It pretty cool to get more anglers coming, at the same time it opens things up to a lot of different personalities and preference styles and presents it's challenges of how to keep a happy medium.

Having said all that I think what was done was a little drastic, all the posts from those guys are back. I am going to talk to the moderator, Andy, who pulled the trigger and I am sure after some period of time we'll let them back.

Thanks for the dialog.
    Brandon

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks Bradon. I think the time out chair is a better option.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23