Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Brianczaw View Post
    WOOOHOOOO Got my dock inAttachment 102266
    Looks like your ready to move in!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

going through the builder interview process--can't wait to have a place down there on the water..

Your correct about waterfront being affordable in NC. Thats the reason i'm here. Lived in Lake Waccamaw NC for 20 years, moved to New Bern on the Yacht for a year, then bid on the property here in Nixonton NC just outside of Elizabeth City. After winning stayed three more month in New Bern was having so much fun down there then headed north to build the home. Have 12 acre's and 600 foot of waterfront by ourselves on Sunset Point, was into the fresh water fishing when I moved up here, and got into the offshore fishing with the 31 Fountain for several years but between drag racing and work just didn't have the time so moved back to the 21 Triton Bass boat and could not be any more happier and we got your crabs... About one at the least to two times a week. LOL
    On the little River just one River south of Elizabeth City and the best brim fishing in the world in this area. Fla is over fished. Our area is not. In fact its the other way around. Brim, crappie, cats ain't as big as they were in the cape fear and black river but the numbers are just as good. Still have my shocker from back in the 70s when we use to shock the cape fear and black but its not allowed up here.
    Stripers don't go much south of Hatteras most of the time so your in prime striper fishing area and the inshore bridges hold your limit about any time you want to find it.
    Even the state moved a little on the dock permit so I could get to deep water and the nature and peaceful coastal living could not be better.
    We have the best fishing in the world, within 70 miles from the house in all directions, close enough to VA if major shopping and a night out is whats needed its a hop and a skip away. Local drag strip is 11 miles from the house, Richmond and Jackville NC is a short pull for the other tracks we enjoy and no one bothers us out in the country so it could not be a better spot in our views.
    Jobs are kinda tough. If you don't bring your job with you i'd look more in the Moyock or Grandy area where VA is just a short drive to the better and more job area.
    Kept my Yacht undercover in the Edenton Marina till selling it and thats a beautiful town but limited on shopping is the only hold back. We're the nearest biggest city Edenton or Herford has.
    Car Hauler and pulled cars out of Jessup MD around that washington Beltway for two years. I was never so happy to leave a place in my life. LOL
    I can understand your desire.
    Coastal Carolina can't be beat in our views and NE NC has everything to offer we need or could want.
    LUKE

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Love the lighted dock. You do have you own little slice of heaven on earth there! Thanks for all the info BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianczaw View Post
    Love the lighted dock. You do have you own little slice of heaven on earth there! Thanks for all the info BTW.
    Trying to get you fired up and hurry up and get the house built so we'll have another fishing partner in the area.

About the first of April things start heating up so you have some time to get motivated till then. LOL

Your in a great location and there's all the fishing you want on with side of the 32 bridge but fun to pull around to new areas any time.
    Been wanting to try the lakes south of here for a while and planning on doing the short haul in spring seeing what they are all about.
    The guys that have posted are all correct. Fishing is fantastic and you'll be glad you made the move. :)

Brian,

I got a good deal going on a Like New Proline 26 XP Pilothouse :) 100 hours

Frank
    "Skirtchaser"

That's a nice boat, but my proline has been good to me. I have been looking for a cheap aluminum boat to keep down there until I take my proline down.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Brian,
    Congrats on the future move.

We vacation in Nags Head every year. I highly recommend getting a 14-17' aluminum boat for fishing that area. Really good for getting into the skinny water and catching flounder and puppy drum. I stopped bringing my big boat, as the little boat is cheaper to tow, easier to park, and we catch more fish inshore anyway.

Here is mine. It's a 15' Crestliner that I cobbled it together from Craigslist. I think the hull was $350, motor was $350, trailer was $200. Added the front deck, and that's about it. Since these pictures, I sold the 15 and upgraded to a 25 HP Evinrude for $0 net, and now that little boat really flies! And with the deep-V, it's surprisingly seaworthy in choppy water. Really happy with this little rig!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00023 (2).JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	103937 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00017 (2).JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	103945

Best wishes.

-TH

Yup! That's what I'm working on. Just something nice and simple I can leave down there. Yours looks pretty sweet.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Curious... are you the same Brian C. that I've fished with?

I would recommend you find one NOW, as the prices will shortly be going up as demand increases. I see a bunch of them around, some really cheap, but including one just like mine that is finished a lot nicer, particularly in the back of the boat. (the back of mine is empty, but I plan to install a livewell and some other goodies eventually) I think the boat, complete and ready to go, was $1,100 with a nice Yamaha on the back. Really nice looking rig:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cr-1.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	103961
    Name:  cr-5.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  1,015 Bytes

But at that price, it will not be around for long. These older Crestliner hulls are very thick and solid. Rated for 60 HP, they were originally designed as speed boats. The original brochure shows one towing two water skiers at the same time, with a 60 HP Evinrude on the back. So they are made a lot more solidly than the average jon boat, for what it's worth.

Having a nice secure place to leave it down there would be good. Chained upside down on your dock might not be bad, if you have a secure spot to leave the motor.

These little boats are really liberating! You only need a couple of quarts of gas, and you can go fishing!

-TH

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast