Where to move to in NC
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Where to move to in NC

Starting to get real fed up in this formally great state of MD. I am starting to looking where to move to in NC, my wife is from Sanford but we want to move to Albemarle or Pamlico sound area. The requirements for me is I want to be close to striper and crabs. can anyone provide info about species in Albemarle around Edenton, maybe what bites between the 94 and 17 bridges? Are there crabs there. Waterfronts are soooo much less expensive down there. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Albemarle sound and all the rivers off the sound produce the same fish, bass, bream, rock, catfish, white perch, redfin perch, crappy, trout, puppy drum, black drum, lets see what else...ummm just about all the fresh water stuff just bepends on the time of the year. Plenty of crabs, are you going commercial or just rec.? Plenty of land or houses for sale, just depends on how deep your pockets are.

Under Investigation by Tidal Fish Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Brianczaw View Post
    Starting to get real fed up in this formally great state of MD. I am starting to looking where to move to in NC, my wife is from Sanford but we want to move to Albemarle or Pamlico sound area. The requirements for me is I want to be close to striper and crabs. can anyone provide info about species in Albemarle around Edenton, maybe what bites between the 94 and 17 bridges? Are there crabs there. Waterfronts are soooo much less expensive down there. Thanks!
    Try the Wilmington area. The height above sea level will be appreciated, especially in town. Neat town, too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

I live in Edenton. Great community. Good fishing in the sound at some times of the year. About 1 1/2 hour from the ramp in Manteo if you want to go offshore.

The list of fish I've caught or seen caught- rockfish up to 30 inch or so (vast majority are 15 - 24 inch), tons of white perch when they are in, flounder, the rare bluefish bite down towards Elizabeth City, and all of the common freshwater species you can think of. It is a real weird mix some times due to the brackish water.

No real tide, the water level is much more dependent on the rivers flowing into the sound.

I haven't checked in the last couple of years, but last time I asked it was $100 per month to keep my 25 foot boat at the local marina dock.

Great deer hunting around here and pretty good duck hunting from what I hear. I only deer hunt.

Nice folks. A real small town feel to the place. It can be buggy when the wind is from the wrong direction. We have these little fruit fly type critters that swarm into town when the wind is coming from the cantelope fields nearby. They don't bite, but are annoying as heck!

Employment is a tough one right now around here. Almost all of the industries have left, the boat builders are running skeleton crews. I teach 3rd grade and my wife is a Nurse Practitioner so we've been steady but it can be hard to find work, depending on your skills.

Contact me here through the board if you'd like a tour. I'd be glad to help someone escape the crap going on in Maryland. I love living in a community where the kids can still talk in school about shooting and hunting and not get suspended!

Edited: Oh and TONS of crabs in the spring, summer, and fall. Sometimes it looks like you could walk across the sound on the crab bouys.

Thanks so much for the information. I do like the edenton area and I definitely want to be able to catch crabs. We plan on taking several weekend trips to explore the different areas.

Blog Entries

Give Morehead area a look too

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy OV8 View Post
    Give Morehead area a look too
    Agreed. You cannot go wrong in the Morehead (or surrounding) Area. I moved here from Annapolis, MD last August and have yet to find something to complain about. O'Malley can keep his state, I will stay here.

Quote Originally Posted by ste6168 View Post
    Agreed. You cannot go wrong in the Morehead (or surrounding) Area. I moved here from Annapolis, MD last August and have yet to find something to complain about. O'Malley can keep his state, I will stay here.
    Ain't it the truth brother!!! Visiting Edenton Mothers day weekend with the in-laws...

Heard you guys up there were going to get taxed on the rain now. LOL
    Moved up here for the fishing 13 years ago. Had been coming up here for 11 years brim fishing and its some of the best in the world. Crappie gone to bed, and inshore stripers are everywhere, but so is the man. LOL They watch you right close around here.
    Got into offshore, but just sold the Fountain last week and will know if I own a bass boat again tomorrow if I win on e bay. Going back to fresh water fishing and will be selling the Hydra sports bay boat so if your looking for a all around boat that will fly, theres one waiting on you, . :)
    Waterfront is cheap but so is the pay around here so bring your own job or a wad of cash when you come.
    If you find a woman down here with all her teeth and works at Wal Mart you marry her . Don't ask no questions cause she's in the top 6 percent round these parts. LMAO>
    Crabs all over the place but there one thing.... DOWN HERE,, not up here.
    Give us a ring when you get moved. Its a fantastic place to live if you enjoy water.

Went to Edenton this past weekend, what a neat little town it is. looked at a few properties. In a few weeks we are headed to look at some near bath....

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast