What's up with cork holes
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default What's up with cork holes

Someone needs to explain to me why in the hell when you get cork the holes are only as big as the end of a ballpoint pen. Who builds rods that the butt ends are that small? The only thing I hate to do when building rods is reaming out the cork to fit over the butt end. Does anyone know where to get cork handles that have at least a 0.350 or larger hole in them???

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The 1/4" holes are to accommodate the "pilots" on standard cork drills. An assortment of Flexcoat pilot drills and a set of dream reamers make quick work of fitting cork and reel seats.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I knew there had to be a reason but did not know why. I do have some good reamers but it's just a pain the a$$ to ream them out sometimes. I don't have the cork drills maybe that's something I can look in to.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    I knew there had to be a reason but did not know why. I do have some good reamers but it's just a pain the a$$ to ream them out sometimes. I don't have the cork drills maybe that's something I can look in to.
    Why isn't your subscription up to date?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Rekka View Post
    Why isn't your subscription up to date?
    My neighbor’s kid says you needed all that subscription money to pay to be a technical pro on that new fishing site.
    And I see that money lets you reply to each and every post, just like your own website. Your English ain’t so good though and we all seen your rods, they ain’t all that all that good either.

8. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements