Tidal Fish Forum banner

Fishing in Massachusetts

Question 
5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Crabcake16 
#1 ·
Hello forum, every year me and six of my buddies have been going to Hatteras Island for offshore fishing for the last 8 years on Memorial Day Weekend and we have had some good times, well next year we have decided to try something different and go to Massachusetts and do some fishing of different variety on this same holiday weekend in May. We have been researching on line and found some good info but I want to turn to the forum as I have many times before and get so real information of trips, charters, even lodging if you got it. Currently I saw a overnight trip out of Gloucester that ran $2500.00 which seems to be a lot but it may be reasonable I don’t know because I know nothing about fishing in Massachusetts. Please chime in on any information good and bad. Thanks again guys.

#2 ·
I used to fish out of Gloucester a lot on the Yankee Captains. We used to go on a one night trip to the Gulf of Maine. Bunks were assigned and not bad. Wake up a 0530 and fishing at 0630 after breakfast. They are a great crew with good fishing. Take your muscles cause sometime we fished 400' or better. 4/0 penn reels or larger were the norm. There's no checkin' bait at that depth. I can't help with lodging because we lived in NY at the time. Hope you have a great time if you go.

http://www.yankeefleet.com/

#4 ·
Hello guys we we booked a charter and our boat leaves out of the Green Harbor Marina is MASS. We have been researching lodging and was wondering if there were any companys that dealt with nightly home rental we will need (3) nights in that Plymouth Area that sleeps 6 guys somewhat comfortably Thanks again guys for any information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.