Tidal Fish Forum banner

Long run and a flounder surprise

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  N4ZNH 
#1 ·
Decided to try and burn the 30 gallons I had left in my tank, so I decided to launch at Messick and run to the Chesapeake light tower. Haven't been to the light tower in a few years, it's the same. Caught some cigar baits and trolled around a bit. Saw a cuda and the largest Sea Turtle I ever saw. Left there to hit the Santore, there was another boat on it, so it was off to the next wreck. Fished it and it was loaded with flounder. Caught 14 in just over an hour. Three throw backs and the largest was 22in. Most were 18-19 inch fish. Had to leave them biting as I had to be home at 5pm for another commitment. No cobia, and only saw 5 bunker balls. Lots of red tide, in both the Ocean and the bay. It really slicked off and I ran in at 28 knots. 68.4 NM round trip. Still have about 10 gallons I want to burn. Trying to empty the tank and then fill it with fresh fuel and some ethanol treatment. May be cause for a short trip one afternoon this week.

Flounder were caught on 20lb flouro and a 6 inch gulp jerk shad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.