Looking For Some Experienced Advice; Towing Boat With Slide-in Camper
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Looking For Some Experienced Advice; Towing Boat With Slide-in Camper

Truck is a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4wd, 6.0 ltr gas. with a full sized 8' bed.

Boat is a 21' Sou'wester (Parker) cc with 175hp ob on tandem axle trailer with surge disc brakes all four wheels.

Camper I'm looking at is a Northstar TS-1000, pop-up. This camper will extend 22" back beyond the bumper and drop down. Do I just extend the ball back an additional 22" or other ?The camper dry weight is around 1970 lbs and i have concerns about that also.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My business supports Tidal Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Brady Bounds View Post
    Truck is a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4wd, 6.0 ltr gas. with a full sized 8' bed.

Boat is a 21' Sou'wester (Parker) cc with 175hp ob on tandem axle trailer with surge disc brakes all four wheels.

Camper I'm looking at is a Northstar TS-1000, pop-up. This camper will extend 22" back beyond the bumper and drop down. Do I just extend the ball back an additional 22" or other ?The camper dry weight is around 1970 lbs and i have concerns about that also.

Capt.,
    What did you wind up doing?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Take a look at Lance

Quote Originally Posted by POLECAT View Post
    Capt.,
    What did you wind up doing?
    Take at look at Lance Campers website. They show an extender for towing boats. I have a front and rear trailer hitch. For the front trailer hitch I bought an extender from Trailerparts.com. I think the extenders come in different lengths.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements