Tidal Fish Forum banner

Plaquemines/Venice Help

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Capt.Nick 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a small waterfront fishing cabin on a Bayou in the Plaquemines Parrish/Venice La. area to rent during the winter next year for Red Fish.Prefer seclusion .If anyone knows of such a rental, please shoot me a B-mail.TIA Nick

#2 ·
I recently got a report from some friends I met in Fla. last month from Minnesota who spent 2 months in Fla. and a month in La.They rented a cabin on stilts ,on the water, around the mouth of the Mississipi River.They said the weather was chilly and they had to make 1 hr. runs to the Reds.They caught a few but not enough to make it worthwhile for them to go back next year during winter.I guess winter fishing isn't too good down there?

#3 ·
I've always wanted to spend a winter down there and plan to do so after retirement. I've seen many fishing shows on TV that portray the red fishing as phenomenal. Would be interested to hear real life accounts vs. 5 days of recording for a 30 minute show.

Steve

#4 ·
A guide I fished with in Fla. last month told me it was great Red fishing.He's fished tournaments there.All the shows I've seen were mostly filmed in the Fall.Fall fishing is good for Reds anywhere and most of the trout I've seen caught are mostly small,Spike Trout.I've been retired almost 2 years now and was considering La.,but I'm only interested in Jan./Feb.I guess I'll stick with Florida for those 2 months.Of the 4 species I fished for In Fla, Kayak/light tacklelast month are( in my favorite order of preferred species)Backwater Tarpon,Snook, then Redfish,Trout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.