Tidal Fish Forum banner

Good camera store?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  thecameraguy 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a good camera store for an entry level Nikon SLR bundle with 55-300 lens like Jet Ski Brian uses.After reading some horror stories about various internet scam stores,I'm leaning on going to a good,reputable brick and mortar store.Best Buy,Costco?

#2 ·
I opted on Costco because they have a no quibble 90 day return policy.They had a Nikon 5300 bundle with 55-300 lens that interested me.If I don't like it, I can return it.Nothing gained..nothing lost.It's a lot bigger and more sophisticated than the regular snap shot cameras .If you want to see some fancy cameras ,go to Conowingo Dam during the Fall when the Bald Eagles flock up.I once saw 30 at one time.The photographers line up along the road to photograph from across the river with zoom lenses that bring the eagles in to look like they're 10 ft. away.They think nothing of spending $5k + for their cameras.

#5 ·
How far are you willing to travel?

Adorama (Adorama.com) in NY is a good place, as is B&H (BHPhotoVideo.com).

For used equipment look at KEH (Keh.com) as they have good equipment at a decent price.

There are some others, but those are some of the biggest, best, and most trusted that I've worked with.

#7 ·
How far are you willing to travel?

Adorama (Adorama.com) in NY is a good place, as is B&H (BHPhotoVideo.com).

For used equipment look at KEH (Keh.com) as they have good equipment at a decent price.

There are some others, but those are some of the biggest, best, and most trusted that I've worked with.
With regards to B&H and Andorama, I've purchased online and in person at both of these shops in NYC over the past 25 years. I can not say enough about the customer service and knowledgable staff. On more than one occasion I have had them suggest a less expensive item than what I thought I needed. On one store visit, they suggested I order the product online and save myself the 7% NY sales tax. Quality products and courteous staff. Some of them dress kinda funky but Hey! I'm accepting!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.