Tidal Fish Forum banner

This thread is devoted to anything Navionics related.

52K views 153 replies 5 participants last post by  Mike Boitnott 
#1 ·
If you have any questions about Navionics or just want to share information about their products you can post it here.

#2 ·
This is one of my favorite feature using the Navionics App is the wind forecast to will give you up to date information on what the wind is doing as well as give you a forecast hour by hour. I have found this to be very useful fishing in the bay this year. Rectangle Font Line Slope Screenshot

#3 ·
If you have purchased a Navionics App you for an Iphone this is good information that you need to know.A Navionics+ subscription now includes Navionics Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™ and Community Edits. It also provides 12 months of chart updates. After the 12 months expire you retain your charts and have the option to renew your subscription to updates.
Any previously purchased chart has been upgraded to Navionics+!
Experience the value of Navionics+! Choose a region and try Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™ and Community Edits for free!
US Government Charts now appear as originally presented in the unaltered nautical charts published by official government sources.

#4 ·
Navionics has now release Plotter Sync between your Iphone and your Raymarine unit. So if your Iphone or Ipad that has a Navionics App on it you can connect your phone to your Raymarine through WiFi.Plotter Sync allows you to do this from your boat:
• Activate your Navionics+.
• Download new coverage areas and updates to Navionics+ and Navionics Updates.
• Download updates to Platinum+ and HotMaps Platinum cards.
• Enhance your SonarCharts™ on any device just by uploading your sonar logs.
You can also Update your Navionics Chart on your Chartplotter to so you will have the latest Nautical Charts, Sonar Charts, and Community edits.

#5 ·
This is a good time of year to find those deep holes for so e spot, croaker or drum you can easily find them by using the Navionics Sonar Charts. The Sonar Charts will give you the most freshest data that has been record vs the nautical charts. When I get a day to my self where I can go out and try some new spots I pick them out on the Navionics App. Ecoregion White World Azure Map

#6 ·
Have you checked out the new FREE Navionics Boating App with Government Charts? You have a tracking feature so if you don't have a chartplotter on your boat you can use your smartphone or tablet. Its excellent for a back up Chart just in case something goes wrong or your taking a kayak out and don't want to get lost check it out I use my all the time and its free. Ecoregion World Black Azure Map

#7 ·
One of my favorite bodies of water to fish is Sandy River Reservoir unfortunately there wasn't much detailed of the lake offered and there is certain places that I would loved to have some kind of information on. Well I changed that while I would be fishing out there I would be recording sonar on my Lowrance HDS unit at the end of the day I extracted the information out the unit and upload it to Navionics website and what it does it builds onto the map of that body of water its really cool. So now I have the freshest data of that lake on my Iphone and my Navionics Card as well because I would update that as soon as the SonarCharts has been posted. If you would like any information on how to do Sonar logging Ecoregion Blue Organism Slope Line
send me a PM.

#8 ·
Do you have a Smartphone, Navionics App, and you want Sonar? You can now check this out the new Vexilar Sonar you can now how Sonar on your phone though WiFi its a transducer you mount on your boat and it has a WiFi box so you can watch your sonar anywhere on the boat you would like. Take a look at the demo on the Navionics App. White Organism Line World Font

#9 ·
I know most fishermen want the freshest data on where there fishing at here is a link describing what Navionics freshest data means and explaining what you need to do to get the freshest date. I never realized how important freshest data is it has made me a better fishermen by giving the 5ft increment is tidal water and 1ft increments lakes.

#11 ·
If you have an old Navionics Gold, Premium, or Silver card thats outdated and want a new card with the latest data on it but don't want to pay full price for a brand new card you can get the Navionics Update its $99 with a year of free of software updates. Its blank card with no data on it you pick and choose the bodies of water that you want to go to anywhere in the U.S. and Canada salt or fresh. With the new Update card you can SonarCharts thats the latest data from Navionics users. Map Rectangle Line Font Parallel

#12 ·
I'm heading down to Key Largo in the Florida Keys in a month and I was looking to see how much chart detail was available down there come to find out there is quite a bit of Keys. If you planned going down there and fishing this winter I would recommend checking out a Navionics card to get this kind of detailed offshore. Ecoregion Slope Map Rectangle Font

#13 ·
This is a feature I like to run on my Navionics App when im only trying to concentrate between a certain depth while trolling or fishing this time of year. Ill take the Depth Contours and set them at a certain depth and the screen will only display contours to that certain depth. Its kinda like decluttering the screen getting rid of what you don't need to see and have what you do need to see up. Map Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

#16 ·
If your striper fishing at the mouth of the Rappahannock River check out these Navionics Sonar Charts on the right. If your trolling this kind of detail can make a difference. Check out all the Sonar Charts you want at http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en and see if it makes a difference for you this year striper fishing. Also check it out on the Navionics App or the Navionics + and Update. Water resources Ecoregion White Map World

#17 ·
Check out these amazing Navionics SonarCharts over at the Eastern Shore. On the left you have Nautical Charts of the North Inlet and on the right you have SonarCharts of the North Inlet thats a big difference getting in and out of that Inlet. With the Navionics SonarCharts you will gain the latest and greatest data being record. Rockfish season is here having a detailed map breaking it down to 5 ft contours on tidal water could help you this season. Ecoregion Map World Nature Organism

#19 ·
This is one of my favorite features to use with my Navionics card in a Lowrance is the depth highlight range. If you are trolling or wanting to fishing docks you can program what depth you want to fish and it will highlight everything in white between that depth range you have picked. Next time you are out on the water give it a try. World Ecoregion Map Nature Human body

#25 ·
Have you ever used Chart + Chart + Sonar on your HDS Touch screen? I have found setting up a page with these three function to be very helpful while navigating new bodies of water. I'll turn both of my charts to Navionics but Ill have one window zoomed into my location to see if I'm staying safe from any objects or shallow water. On the smaller Navionics chart, I have the window zoomed out to 1.0NM to see what's ahead of me in the distance without zooming in and zooming out constantly give it a try. Colorfulness Ecoregion Nature Slope Rectangle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.