Anyone Seeing a Lack of Does? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jfish View Post
    Jack, you are seeing the same as many. Be thankful you have a group that is open to adjustment and thinking long term. Many I fear will not adjust until it's much worst.
    Yes for the most part our group as a whole gets it. We will lose some "meat hunters" but if that's the price we pay so be it. We have been an organized club for 64 years ; obviously we are doing something right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I was hunting a 213 acre piece off of pouncy tract road in Hanover,Va the last week and counted 25 deer coming into our property through a working dairy farm great sight to see. After all the deer entered we waited to man drive it and deer snookered us and got out the back door . As I told the drivers they were to far apart but didn't listen . Great seeing deer. On last day had to slam on brakes 2 times because the deer wanted to ride home with me lol. Just my 2 cents worth

http://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2015/03...eason-results/

Here are the Maryland numbers. Any thoughts on the decreased harvest?

Not too familiar with Maryland so would have to go with DNR info. As for Va .. liberal bag limits, folks still practicing out dated QDM practices (shooting does) and yotes pretty much sums it up.

Driving out to our place in the northern neck this weekend I saw more deer than ever right before sunset. Groups of 10+ along with lots of singles. Most I've seen in a long time. Certainly not scientific but promising to me that a good slug of them made it thru winter and maybe the heavy mast was a bigger contributer to the decreased harvest than disease.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

DGIF is ready to reduce the number of doe days statewide. However, they are planing an increase in s couple of counties.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I think blue tounge hit the MD area hard a couple/few years back. Especially the eastern shore. I hunt in kent county and while I can't say I saw a reduction of doe numbers this year, two / three years ago was remarkable reduction in numbers and last year still seamed down. This year seemed to return to regular numbers however the does were all immature. Only saw a doz to a couple doz fully mature does, while in the stand, in a few diff farms covering 1.25k acres this year. Now I only hunted deer 9 times this past year so I'm not sure my observations are truly valid.

10. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345