Fishing Report Northern Baltimore County - Freshwater

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down Northern Baltimore County - Freshwater

I know you guys are mainly saltwater anglers, BUT, have you heard about the new green cemetery in N. Balto. County? Grave Run goes thru this 66 A piece and then empties into Prettyboy Reservoir? I hear the new Law they passed eff. March 2nd will let the owner bury up to 100 bodies per acre, so that is like 6600 possible dead bodies buried next to a trout stream that empties into P'Boy which is home to thousands of bass and freshwater anglers. I couldn't believe our gov't was letting them do this. P'Boy is already monitored for e. Coli. If thousands of dead intestines, guts, and who knows what else - like HIV or Hep B virus (that live on after you're dead, if you got it) and bacteria like staph, strep, and waterborne disease bacterias are all ending up in the stream emptying into Prettyboy, I am afraid they may close it for water activities. And why? So some one can make money at the expense of everyone else??
    Oh, yeah, green burial means - raw body buried in dirt. No embalming allowed so all the blood and fluids go right into the soil to be washed into the groundwater and stream. Also, they can wrap you in only a cloth, if you want. They don't even require a casket. How gross is that??? People like family touching the cloth-wrapped body to help bury it. They won't even know what diseases and germs they are possibly contacting.
    I recently heard about this and was wondering if anyone else knew. I thought the guy was pulling my leg. But, this is for REAL. And he said 15 other big pieces of farmland in N. County could be converted too. There goes not only our fishing but our farms too. What the heck is going on???

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

This demonstrates an appalling lack of knowledge about communicable diseases, hydrology, and is just nonsensical.

First of all HIV and Hep B & C are only contagious in very close, i.e. intimate contact with a live host.
    Unless you are practicing necrophilia with a still warm corpse this shouldn't be an issue.

Other bacteria….E.Coli, etc. will eventually breakdown.
    Once in the ground, nature takes over very quickly as other bacteria, fungi, and similar flora return these to simple nutrients into the soil.
    I'd point out that virtually every residence in this area have septic systems.
    Where does this discharge into?
    The ground via field tiles.
    Live people pooing will produce waste on a much more continuous basis than will the remains buried in these fields.

Nothing to worry about here, in fact you have a better chance of contacting a bacterial infection swimming in some of the beaches along the Bay.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bignose View Post
    This demonstrates an appalling lack of knowledge about communicable diseases, hydrology, and is just nonsensical.

First of all HIV and Hep B & C are only contagious in very close, i.e. intimate contact with a live host.
    Unless you are practicing necrophilia with a still warm corpse this shouldn't be an issue.

Other bacteria….E.Coli, etc. will eventually breakdown.
    Once in the ground, nature takes over very quickly as other bacteria, fungi, and similar flora return these to simple nutrients into the soil.
    I'd point out that virtually every residence in this area have septic systems.
    Where does this discharge into?
    The ground via field tiles.
    Live people pooing will produce waste on a much more continuous basis than will the remains buried in these fields.

Nothing to worry about here, in fact you have a better chance of contacting a bacterial infection swimming in some of the beaches along the Bay.
    This sort of well informed, rational, fact based posting has no place here(the internet in general). All posts must be hyperbolic, panic inducing, govt. jackboot driven prophecies of doom for all good and righteous people. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter. Lets work together to keep the internet a fact free and passionate place where folks can promote their beliefs without regard to facts or science.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

You are making my head hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by O sea D View Post
    I know you guys are mainly saltwater anglers, BUT, have you heard about the new green cemetery in N. Balto. County? Grave Run goes thru this 66 A piece and then empties into Prettyboy Reservoir? I hear the new Law they passed eff. March 2nd will let the owner bury up to 100 bodies per acre, so that is like 6600 possible dead bodies buried next to a trout stream that empties into P'Boy which is home to thousands of bass and freshwater anglers. I couldn't believe our gov't was letting them do this. P'Boy is already monitored for e. Coli. If thousands of dead intestines, guts, and who knows what else - like HIV or Hep B virus (that live on after you're dead, if you got it) and bacteria like staph, strep, and waterborne disease bacterias are all ending up in the stream emptying into Prettyboy, I am afraid they may close it for water activities. And why? So some one can make money at the expense of everyone else??
    Oh, yeah, green burial means - raw body buried in dirt. No embalming allowed so all the blood and fluids go right into the soil to be washed into the groundwater and stream. Also, they can wrap you in only a cloth, if you want. They don't even require a casket. How gross is that??? People like family touching the cloth-wrapped body to help bury it. They won't even know what diseases and germs they are possibly contacting.
    I recently heard about this and was wondering if anyone else knew. I thought the guy was pulling my leg. But, this is for REAL. And he said 15 other big pieces of farmland in N. County could be converted too. There goes not only our fishing but our farms too. What the heck is going on???

Blog Entries

Is that how the TV series walking dead started?

Don't know what your worried about? I do HVAC work in funeral homes and if you ever saw an embalming room you would cringe. Stainless steel table with gutters around it. After they run the probes though the body to drain body fluids all fluids collect in gutter that is slopped to a hose at the end of the table at the head of the body. Ready for this....... That hose draining bodily fluids goes into a toilet that when flushed goes to treatment plant to be recycled into drinking water, that's right drinking water! It's not just one funeral home in particular it's everyone that I have been too. Do you think they put cattle with mad cow disease in a coffin and vault when they burry them. Hell no a pit is dug and how many of the herd that is affected go into the pit covered up and left to leach into the ground water! Same with chicken, jigs, etc.

Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!

....... Sorry Dude ....... April first is over a week away ........... Try looking at a calendar and reposting then

Blog Entries

Thumbs down N. Baltimore County

Did I mention that everybody up there is on private wells for their water? No EPA oversight and no treatment plant, disinfecting or cleaning their drinking water. I know animals die in the woods all the time, but I've yet to meet one with HIV, Hep b, C, TB, cholera , or Ebola. And for viruses living postmortem, I'm no expert, but the CDC is and they say, blood and other body fluids that leak from human remains can cause a risk to human health. HepB can survive in dried blood for 2 weeks and some studies say HIV can survive 6 days postmortem and another study says it has survived 87 days . I don't know, but dead bodies and drinking water do not sound like a good combo to me.
    And as far as those animals in the woods - the fox, coyotes, and dogs are gonna have a smorgasbord. So much for R.I.P.

Blog Entries

Yeah, it does sound like a great Stephen King novel doesn't it???????

Blog Entries

I got no problem with not embalming. Jewish folks don't embalm, but they do use a coffin, like a simple pine box, no metal. That sounds respectful and eco-friendly. Trees grow out of the soil so how much harm can some pine do?

Not sure if the wild trout will make it with all the sediment, sodium and phosphorus from the bodies leaching into the ground and water table. Would be a shame to lose the wild trout.
    Stocking time coming up soon. Now that sounds good. So much for eventualities. Let's go fishin'

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast