cobia...

Thread: cobia...

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default cobia...

Hi men, I have a question. Are cobia "leader shy" ? I am making up some rigs and have a bunch of 40 lb mono laying around ( not the new thin mono style). Is this suitable for leaders or should I go with flouracarbon? Thank you, Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

they are not leader shy at all I use 80lbs. mono for all my cobia rigs. If you really get freaked out about it you can go to the camo leader I'll use it just because it looks cool . 40lbs. leader is a little light in my opinion for bigger cobia. I think the more important thing is to use circle hooks again in my opinion. try to protect the ones that you let go. you don't tend to foul hook as many with the circle hooks . good luck

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thank you, I never fished for them but hope to try this summer off the Maryland coast.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

If you are going to sight cast at them j hooks are fine but I'd shorten up my leader to make it easier to control the cast . good luck

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements