Sunday - Bay Bridge Swim?

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Sunday - Bay Bridge Swim?

Is the BB swim this Sunday? If so, anyone know the rules about traveling under the BB during the swim. Is it closed to boat traffic at certain times? Wanted to try north this weekend for a change..... Thanks
    John

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

We have a friend swimming it she told us they let the slower swimmers start first ,then the faster swimmers start like 30 mins later so that they all hit mid span channel at the same time. They have a 30 min window to clear channel as it is closed, any remainig after 30 min will be taken aboard waiting boats.
    I think she said its at 11.00 or 12.00

jeff

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

i'm working the swim on sunday as a safety sweep boat. it will be very evident where you can cross under the bridge, and where you can't. we line the swimmers on both sides for protection and if pickup is required.

just please stay away from the group and everyone will be fine. we had 38' power cat do about 80 mph under the bridge and about 200' from a swimmer last year. luckily someone recognized the boat and led the coast guard to his slip at the narrows. heard he was dragged from his boat when he arrived.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

According to the article I read in the paper, passage under the bridge will be closed at various times between 8:30am & 5pm as the swimmers move across the bay. The Coast Guard has issued a "Off Limits" for all boat traffic with-in 500 yards of the spans. My understanding there will be plenty of Cost Guard to usher boats around the swimmers, as they will open different spans under the bridge "The Capital" Thursday edition[excited]