Not many sports fans on here. GO Ravens!!
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Default Not many sports fans on here. GO Ravens!!

Man! The ravens really needed this win. Always a great game to watch when they play the Steelers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Yes, always a slugfest when they play. IMO neither team played exceptionally well. Many miscues on both sides. I thought for sure the Ravens had lost another one with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I figured the Steelers would run out the clock, so I took a shower. My wife gave me grief about it, and told me the Ravens had tied it. Both coaches made suspect calls throughout the game, but when Tomlin didn't let his kicker try that field goal, I was really surprised. Don't blame him for not having confidence in his kicker after two misses, but.....

Tough season start with the schedule. I'm glad they won, and maybe this will get something good started for them. They got some of the newer, young players involved & it was good to see Forsett have a great game. I thought Allen had a good game too even with limited play. There was certainly some other good things coming out of this game besides the win. Maybe the few extra days before the next game will do them good too.

Blog Entries

I agree bigjim, Cool Joe looked pretty bad. But the defense looked good. Jim, I am late with on this. I just seen it today. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Hey man, I'm just getting back to the forums myself. I moved down to SC from MD back in July and the weather we had here took out my internet for a couple of days.

I was fortunate that game was on prime time, but may not get to see many more. Seems they rather carry the Panthers on the TV here than the Ravens. Go figure!

Joe Cool will get it together. Have faith! Hell, I don't know how he remembers all the plays! Too many offensive coordinators to contend with in the years he's been there & each had their own way of doing things. But, he remains Joe Cool, even when things aren't going good!

They have some weapons, but the line has to protect him.

Lets see how they fare on Sunday.

Blog Entries

Jim, a few of my friends in S.C. are having a hard time with the floods. Hope all is good with you. I moved to FL. the year the Ravens won the super bowl. I missed all the fun all over MD. after the win. We had to go to a Steelers sports bar to watch Ravens games. It was fun. They hate the Ravens, and the fans. I can watch all games now that we moved back to MD. BUT, I really miss FL.

Andy, thanks for the concern! Yes, some here have had a hard way to go. I'm in Manning near Lake Marion. The lake is full, I'm guessing came up about 3', but no problems at my house. There's still some water laying in some low places, ditches are still full, but seems this area didn't get it too bad. I had to go down to St Stephens the other day, and it was evident there had been water across the roads in several places at streams & swampy areas, the roads were fine except there was still water laying at the edges in one or two places. When I got on US RT 52, where the Santee & Cooper Rivers cross, I could tell they were much higher than normal and all the surrounding areas were flooded. That's primarily swamp & forested areas. Some part of the Marion National Forest. I don't know how many homes are actually in that area, but I don't think it's many based on Google earth.

My wife & I went to dinner in town the other night & the waitress said she was stranded for a couple days due to high water, so some folks in the nearby area were impacted. I think most of the real problems were up closer to Columbia & down along the coast.

I-95 is still shut down for about a 75 mile stretch south of Florence, which is about 45 miles north of Manning. I believe the state is simply being cautious about damage to the bridges that cross the many rivers & streams along that stretch.

We're keeping folks in our thoughts & prayers!

Blog Entries

Been a while but I just seen this. bigjim, I use to fish Lake Marion in the spring with this guy. You might know him. He is from MD. and we fished the same waters in MD. years ago. PS. I'm a picture freak.Attachment 187890

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Ok, so it's a year old thread...... a win tomorrow (Christmas Day) is a MUST for the Ravens vs Steelers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigWillJ View Post
    Ok, so it's a year old thread...... a win tomorrow (Christmas Day) is a MUST for the Ravens vs Steelers.
    You got that right. A must win. Merry Christmas!!

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements