The crab cakes in FL. restaurants were so bad we had to make our own.
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Default The crab cakes in FL. restaurants were so bad we had to make our own.

Could not find a good crab cake in any restaurants we went to. So we made imitation crab cakes out of the redfish I caught. We filet the redfish, put in micro wave just long enough to firm up the white meat. Then we picked it that it looked like lump crab meat in a bowl. Then we took the recipe that is on the can of Old Bay and made the imitation crab cakes. They are pretty good. I took them out in my boat with my friend NY Richard and told him they were crab cakes. He said, Man, they are good. LOL! Now he makes them in FL. Wonder if that would work with rockfish. It would never work with a soft meat fish like trout. How about bluefish? Some of you probably already do this with your fish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    Could not find a good crab cake in any restaurants we went to. So we made imitation crab cakes out of the redfish I caught. We filet the redfish, put in micro wave just long enough to firm up the white meat. Then we picked it that it looked like lump crab meat in a bowl. Then we took the recipe that is on the can of Old Bay and made the imitation crab cakes. They are pretty good. I took them out in my boat with my friend NY Richard and told him they were crab cakes. He said, Man, they are good. LOL! Now he makes them in FL. Wonder if that would work with rockfish. It would never work with a soft meat fish like trout. How about bluefish? Some of you probably already do this with your fish.
    It definitely works to make fishcakes using striper, bluefish or white perch, and some people poach the fish in the microwave.

The further south from MD you travel the harder it is to get a decent crabcake...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    It definitely works to make fishcakes using striper, bluefish or white perch, and some people poach the fish in the microwave.

The further south from MD you travel the harder it is to get a decent crabcake...
    Yes, and to top it off, they boil their crabs and shrimp. And peanuts!!! LOL!