Tidal Fish Forum banner

There are 20 in Fish out there.

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  bob reed 
#1 ·
4 20 in Fish in the rain.

#2 ·
Up in a river or out in the bay?

I caught a twenty incher while wading in a marsh weekend before last. Surprised the heck out of me.

#11 ·
They are having a great run on rockfish in NJ this year. Attribute it to an abundance of bunker!

Yesterday, 11:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Bunker always bring the bass
Not much has been about the bunker we have around this fall.We have gone many years without a fall bunker run. Last year we had bunker in Raritan Bay in Nov. The fishing was good.This year it is even better with adult and pea nut bunker on the menu.Nothing better than throwing top water plugs or having the option of live linining.In 2001 the bass ran all the way up the Raitan River into Highland Park. Everyday for two weeks i took my charters up there and we crushed the stripers on top water plugs.It was all bass and they were chasing peanut bunker.

I believe our striper fishery is healthy and this run proves how many bass are around. Bass are rolling on top and are visible to the naked eye.Not only is Raritan Bay on fire but the ocean run is very good also.If there is no bait there are no stripers. It is that simple. I still believe in conservation and think it is a good thing to keep a smaller slot fish. It should be in the limit not by bonus tag.From Long Island the Hudson River to the west end of Raritan Bay to Asbury Park there are Bass.This is some run so get in on it and have some fun.Take your children and wife and enjoy the calm waters of Raritan Bay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.