Question Prettiest day in the year?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Default Prettiest day in the year?

The prettiest day in the year and no at boat is moving. no one on the dock? I live in Salt Ponds Marina , Hampton, with 300 boats...none are moving. Could it be that there are no fish?

Bob Allen, Hampton VA

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hey Bob! I was about to ask about you, had not heard anything from you in a while. (hope all is well)
    My fishing buddy went out to play around today, I hope he sends pic's soon!
    (wife comes in on weekends and doesn't care to fish) (good and bad- thing )

I hope to start dragging some lines around soon, If only for blues.

Blog Entries

I am fine. I think the fishing in Ches Bay is not fine. The recreational fishing industry is in deep trouble;. Regulations , permits, Omega Protein, and ethanol laced fuel are killing the recreational fishing industry. Cobia is the best example...'not over fished, not in trouble"...but the season closes in Va just as it begins? One can go deep dropping and catch fish...one can catch a few tautog until May first. then closed. closed, closed. that is what recreationals face.

And regulators are talking about much tougher Cobia rules in 2017 gosh, how much tougher can it get than "a closed " season?

I , like many others, do not fish a lot any longer (age) and lack of an abundant target ...I am still around and attend fisheries meetings , read about fishing, and make comments from time to time. Love to read reports of fishing activity.

Nice to hear from you,

Bob Allen at a quiet marina. Salt Ponds , Buckroe , Hampton, VA

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Keep at it Bob, we really appreciate all your knowledge, advice and voice for recreational anglers.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I had high hopes that my son and I would experience the great fishing we had in the 90s and such. He was lucky enough to grow up and have the great flats drum fishing and a pretty good speck run in the Elizebeth. He never got that great Rock action that we all remember in the 90s. He got his boating license a couple years back and through his early teenage years did well with his young buddies on Cobia, Drum, Spades ,Tog and such. They just did what us Dads taught them and we couldn't be prouder. I' m afraid it's gonna get harder for them to get what we thought was a world class fishery to be a part of. Oh well....I guess there's always FL...

Tog fishing was good. Caught about 30 in a few hours. There are flounder, drum, and catch and release rock fish. Just got to go.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I wouldn't count on FL either... Big sugar has its money deep deep into the politics. They have been discharging massive amounts of runoff water that contain pesticides and fertilizers creating massive dead zones, read up on it. The recreational fisherman is the real endangered species now

Beautiful day on the MobJack today, The "boss" wanted to take a short cruise, and I wanted to make sure batts were fully charged. I did not see anyone fishing only a few crab boats. I plan to try later next week for some "bottom" fish, minnows are in traps so I may try looking for a flat one soon.

Beautiful day on the MobJack today, The "boss" wanted to take a short cruise, and I wanted to make sure batts were fully charged. I did not see anyone fishing only a few crab boats. I plan to try later next week for some "bottom" fish, minnows are in traps so I may try looking for a flat one soon.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Caught our first croaker for the year in poquoson river this afternoon, water was 63 degrees in the river and 60 @ the mouth of the York , were getting there just hoping for a continuation of warm nice weather

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast