Fishing Report Brown Pelicans and Rock at the BB

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Default Brown Pelicans and Rock at the BB

Very late start today ran out of SPSP around 11:30am, (SUNDAY) the wind was lower than forecasted just around 6k. Plan was to jig the bridge piers between the two channels. Was surprised to see brown pelicans at the bridge (I think they are a good sign for things to come). As with my last few trips out, I decided to only keep fish over 23”. Had to work through half a dozen just over 20” before I hooked up with a fat 24” and followed by a just over23”. Was back at SPSP by 1:20. I was wondering I always see lots of boats working around the rock piles. Does anybody know if they are catching keeper rock?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The pelicans seem to be moving further north every few years. Used to be rare to see them north of the Potomac River.

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 22 CC Rider View Post
    Very late start today ran out of SPSP around 11:30am, (SUNDAY) the wind was lower than forecasted just around 6k. Plan was to jig the bridge piers between the two channels. Was surprised to see brown pelicans at the bridge (I think they are a good sign for things to come). As with my last few trips out, I decided to only keep fish over 23?. Had to work through half a dozen just over 20? before I hooked up with a fat 24? and followed by a just over23?. Was back at SPSP by 1:20. I was wondering I always see lots of boats working around the rock piles. Does anybody know if they are catching keeper rock?
    I've caught plenty of keeper fish on the rockpiles. It can be tough fishing though. Gotta keep the jig moving and maintain a steep line angle. There's a lotta lead on that bottom.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

When people talking around the rock piles ware they talking about the 2 rock piles under the bridge ? Thanks . Tommy

Blog Entries

Tommy,When we talk about the “ROCK PILE” we are referring to the rocks that are at the main channel of the old bay bridge.

Some keeper rock are caught off the piles. Most people don't put their favorite fishing spot on blast 7 times in 2 months though.

There were several brown pelicans in the upper Miles River on Sunday. It is fun to watch them land with a huge splash and unusual to see them at all.

10. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements