Fishing Report late July Duck Nc advice needed
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default late July Duck Nc advice needed

Im staying in Duck the last week of July this year, never been down there before so Im looking for some fishing advice. We are taking the 24' Carolina skiff, only fishing in the sound side. Looking for some insight on what to expect to fish for and where, interested in fishing for flounder, trout, drum, blues, croaker or rock. From looking at charts, it looks shallow around Duck. Is it worth fishing up that way or should we go somewhere else? Any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I use to stay in Rodanthe, and fish the grass patches with 1/8 oz jig head and grub on the Sound. Early and late best for Trout. I'm sure you can find some grass areas on silty-sand. Only need 3-4' of water.
    Best of Luck!

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

last time I fished the sound was about 10 years ago, late july. and we rented a pontoon boat by the big bridge that goes across the sound. we went out to the small boat channel of the bridge and anchored to the side of it. casting small jigs with gulp we steadily caught bluefish, speckled trout, and flounder from that single spot. had the family on board and I was surprised that even the 4 year old was catching fish non stop. No idea if its stil like that or not but since im not familiar with the sound, that's where I would head first

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements