Need some Help New to Hull Creek
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n gfrider\r\n \r\n
\r\n gfrider is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Question New to Hull Creek\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Hey guys,
\r\n
\r\nI just bought a house on Hull creek in the NN and am looking for some ideas on where to go to chum close by. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know a lot of folks hang right there in the inlet to Hull creek and cast. Not too sure what they are catching but I imagine mostly rockfish.
\r\n
\r\nI am also interested if anyone knows if there are any flatties and/or redfish on those flats just inside Hull creek and Bridgeman creek?
\r\n
\r\nThanks in advance!\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[3270442] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Seascritch\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Seascritch is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Not sure about a chum bite, if you are talking cobia, up that way. All the usual suspects are available in the creek. Stiffback and rock are probably your most regular clientele.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3272170] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n fishnnk\r\n \r\n
    \r\n fishnnk is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Cool a fellow TF\'er in Hull Creek! I\'m also off Hull Creek ... off Spinnaker Lane. I\'m out off the jet ski fishing the inlet when the water is low and can\'t get the boat out. Mostly Rock but an occasional Blue, Trout, Flounder or Puppy drum I\'ve caught in the inlet. Just have to get the tide right.
    \r\nIf you are talking about chumming, I have gone to the Target Ship & Northern Neck Reef for chumming up Blues, Rock & now an occasional Cobia. Also at the mouth of the Rapp & GW River works well for some. Me ... not so much.
    \r\n
    \r\nOut of curiosity, where did you buy? In Sands on the Potomac or further back in the creek?\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3277810] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #4\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n gfrider\r\n \r\n
    \r\n gfrider is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I\'m off of Fountain Gate on Bridgeman Creek. Just had my dock rebuilt and a lift put on. Black Seahunt with T-top.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3279746] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #5\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n fishnnk\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by gfrider\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    I\'m off of Fountain Gate on Bridgeman Creek. Just had my dock rebuilt and a lift put on. Black Seahunt with T-top.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    I\'ll look for you next time I\'m down. I\'m just inside Hull Creek to the starboard ... heading towards the boat launch ... with the 22\' Wellcraft cuddy cabin & 2 jet skis on the lifts.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3274226] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #6\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n RogersCreekParker\r\n \r\n
    \r\n RogersCreekParker is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Glad to make your guys acquaintance - I\'m right around the bend over on Rogers Creek with the Parker Pilot House on the lift (yellow house). To Fishnnk\'s point, lots of rockfish right there where the current runs into the creek, especially at changing tides. I\'ve caught more fish there, near the post with the orange top and the opposite point than I have out in the river or bay with my Parker. Love hitting the top water action in the early morning/evening and then use a jig head with chartreuse mullet most other times. As far as chumming goes - best bet would be towards the Target Ship and/or Smith Point - about a 20 min +/- ride depending on what kind of boat / power you have. Problem for me is the kids don\'t have the patience for chumming so I\'m more of a trolling and/or LTJ once I locate the birds. Up off Lewisetta, buoys 5-9 seem to be the most popular and I\'ve had a lot of luck trolling the bay around buoy 72 north and south. Agree with with fishnnk again - caught everything he\'s said right there between our two creeks, I\'d even add in a black sea bass I caught a few weeks ago in mid August. Not to mention the croaker the boys love catching off the dock and an occasional speck. I\'ll be down there this weekend if you run past the house and see us on the dock - stop by and say Hey - I\'m Chris....\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3274922] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #7\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n fish4fun\r\n \r\n
    \r\n fish4fun is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I have been fishing this area for 10 years and I agree that you can catch all those species. That said the keeper size fish are far and few between and half the time I find their are no fish at all? If you play around between the pole with the blue top and the point off Hull Ck be careful there used to be 2 or 3 houses there and the beach (large concrete) savers are still around, They have been known to eat a few props and lower unites.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3275322] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #8\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n fishnnk\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by fish4fun\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    I have been fishing this area for 10 years and I agree that you can catch all those species. That said the keeper size fish are far and few between and half the time I find their are no fish at all? If you play around between the pole with the blue top and the point off Hull Ck be careful there used to be 2 or 3 houses there and the beach (large concrete) savers are still around, They have been known to eat a few props and lower unites.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    You are right about the concrete blocks. That\'s why I fish right over top of them on the JetSki cause they hold fish all the time! Catch the tide right, one way or another, with water flowing over them ... I\'ve caught everything from Rock, blues, specks, puppy drum.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3276066] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #9\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n fish4fun\r\n \r\n
    \r\n fish4fun is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Zach, I\'ve been fishing in front of your dock.... but I never see you? I have been out almost every day since the middle of April, but I don\'t think I have seen you once this year?\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3275114] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #10\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n zach david\r\n \r\n
    \r\n zach david is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Welcome to Hull Creek..
    \n
    \nChris I think I may have given you a tow last night and if so hope you were able to fix problem.
    \n
    \nSecond fish4 fun (where you been?), be careful with rocks and bars...but there are keepers to be caught just about all year in every species.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[3364211] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #11\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n dmahoney12\r\n \r\n
    \r\n dmahoney12 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Default \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I am new to the creek as well and would love to discuss fishing with others on the creek. I created a group on facebook to gather. It\'s called Hull Creek fishing. Could be a cool place to post reports and photos of catches. I hope to see others from the neighborhood join. I am off Spring Ln. and could use some of the local knowledge that has been acquired over the years.
    \r\n
    \r\nThanks,
    \r\n
    \r\nDave\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[3270250] = "3364211,3270442"; pn[0] = ",3270250"; pn[3270442] = "3270250,3272170"; pn[3272170] = "3270442,3277810"; pn[3277810] = "3272170,3279746"; pn[3279746] = "3277810,3274226"; pn[3274226] = "3279746,3274922"; pn[3274922] = "3274226,3275322"; pn[3275322] = "3274922,3276066"; pn[3276066] = "3275322,3275114"; pn[3275114] = "3276066,3364211"; pn[3364211] = "3275114,3270250"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[20980] = "gfrider"; pu[6673] = "Seascritch"; pu[171800] = "fishnnk"; pu[200754] = "RogersCreekParker"; pu[27] = "fish4fun"; pu[31570] = "zach david"; pu[199114] = "dmahoney12"; // -->

Threaded View

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I am new to the creek as well and would love to discuss fishing with others on the creek. I created a group on facebook to gather. It's called Hull Creek fishing. Could be a cool place to post reports and photos of catches. I hope to see others from the neighborhood join. I am off Spring Ln. and could use some of the local knowledge that has been acquired over the years.

Thanks,

Dave