I've been working on something a little different, a bucktail with an underspin spin blade. Not a new concept, just my version. These are 3/4 & 1 oz with 8/0 size hooks. I've molded some with stout Mustad 34185 hooks, and some with a Mustad Ultra Point. Powder painted. The all chartreuse has a bigger blade, but it may be too big, so I'll likely stick with the other size.
They look good. I bought a lot of 50 one ounce jigs on Ebay the other day and have been painting and tying on them. They were cheaper than I could have poured them. Photo is from my phone and is 90 degrees off for some reason. Either that, or we had a major gravitational shift at the moment I snapped the picture!
Thanks Jerry! Your comments are always appreciated! Those jigs you're doing are looking real good too! Nice assortment of colors!
I've been wanting to pour something similar, but just haven't gotten to it yet. Also don't have the correct wire forms. I have plenty of wire, I can make them, but been busy with other stuff! I've been getting some fly & jig orders, so I'll get around to making some spoons eventually.
Yes, I noticed some folks are selling stuff on Ebay for less than I can even buy the hooks & lead!
I've also noticed some of my pics end up rotated when I upload them from my camera to my PC. Then I have to rotate them when I edit. Not sure why!
They look good Jim. My fishing partner use to make and sell them. We caught a lot of rock fish with them.
Deskins, thanks! Andy, thank you too! Yep, it's been done before, and they will catch the rockfish! I modified a mold that I had bought from an Ebay seller, trolling heads someone had made with a Do It mold blank.
BTW, Andy, on your reply to TRC, I didn't always reply to your reports either, but certainly enjoy reading them & checking out the pictures!
Do you ever use air brushes for your lures? I saw these air brushes on line that use permanent markers instead of paint. So, I had two cheap air brushes that I once tried on my lures but it was too much of a hassle to clean them. Anyway, I decided to see if I could modify one of them to use a marker. I removed the needle assembly and a 1/4-20 bolt or screw fits in it just perfectly. I then used some wire that I had and wound a coil around a marker barrel and left enough wire to go under the body of the brush and around the screw that I had inserted into where I removed the needle assembly. I had to rotate the air cap of the brush so that the needle assembly opening was on top of the brush and then I inserted the marker into the hole. I had to bend the wire in order to get the marker tip to the correct location but that didn't take a lot of time. I may add some type of adjusting mechanism to allow better control of the tip to get fine sprays but I was very surprised at how well it works.
Oh, even better yet, the dollar store pack of six or eight markers work great with the set up so no having to buy a super expensive proprietary markers.