9/8 Severn perch and catfish report
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default 9/8 Severn perch and catfish report

Someone had to post on the Severn Board!!

We fished the morning on the Severn on Friday Sept 8. We had very little luck in our usual favorite creek above the rt 50 bridge, we found a few in some other creeks near the bridge out towards the mouth.

We fished hard to harvest about 30 perch, it seems like they are leaving the shallows for the season.

We also got a nice 22+ inch channel cat in shallow water near structure, we have been averaging one or two each perch trip this season. All have been in the 22-24 inch class and mostly they have been well back in the creeks around wood cover in the shallows alongside of white perch. I have fished the Severn for decades and I have caught an occassional cat over the years. This year we are catching them on most trips when we target perch--and they put up a great fight on my 6 lb test perch rigs!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

SteveL,i'm not a member of the SRRKC,but me and a friend was there today and it seems like the perch are as you say not where they usually are.Strange perch fishing lately.Looked around in round bay for rock but no keepers.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
    SteveL,i'm not a member of the SRRKC,but me and a friend was there today and it seems like the perch are as you say not where they usually are.Strange perch fishing lately.Looked around in round bay for rock but no keepers.
    Larry C,

Thanks for your post. This message board is nearly dead, and its fine for non-members to post.

I was surprised at how few perch we found in the spots that have been productive over the summer, they were there a few weeks ago.

Its probably time to try to target them near deeper structure like on hard bottoms and oyster reef areas.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements