Why haven't 2017 MSSA Tournament Winners Been Paid Yet? - Page 10

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Chief Angler / Moderator

Here is an interesting response from Dave on 7/26/2015 via text re: invoice. To put in context, I told him I was going to send a note to Frank and the Board.

NOTE: The invoice is already 2+ years overdue at this point.

My timing might be off when he totally went off on me via text re: what I mentioned above. I will dig up more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015_07_26 Dave Smith.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	245074

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by shoot-straight View Post
    This may be the most riveting thread of the 2017-18 winter season.
    Most. Riveting. Thread. Ever.

Chief Angler / Moderator

I found all the emails and text strings. I will figure out how best to post.

When I go back reading the messages it literally sounds crazy, one minute Dave is telling me he is putting a check in the mail, another minute says MSSA does not owe it, when I point out he paid part of it he says that was because he was being a friend. Another time asks me not to bring it to the Board, in the end plays the angle of saying I have enough money and that getting paid should not matter (I'll get the exact words).

I also found an email where I did inform the MSSA Board about this situation as I referenced above. At one point I copied the entire Board. The email included all the texts where Dave admits MSSA owes the money along with the invoices themselves. To this day I have not heard back from the Board of Directors.

I have nothing against MSSA. Overall I believe the organization has good intentions. It has some amazing committed people who try to do good things for recreational anglers. However, when it comes to running the business side of things my experience is horrible as evidenced from being jerked around and never being paid. Sounds like I am not the only one and given the amount I read has disappeared somehow, who knows if I will ever get paid.

Sounds like a lot of people are owed more then I am, very sorry to hear that. We're all in the same boat. I hope it works out in the end.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Isn't embezzlement a Standad Operating Procedure at churches, little leagues, HOA's, swim clubs and other non profits? Why should a fishing club be immune?

https://wtop.com/prince-georges-coun...club-indicted/
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/10/s...by-adults.html
    http://www.somdnews.com/recorder/spo...69728e81b.html

Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!

Quote Originally Posted by blue lou View Post
    Executive Director, keep up...
    That makes it even worse ............ point is that no one was watching the finances like they should have even with all the warning signs.

BTW ............ Thought you said you were moving to Central America ............ thought you were buying a boat .......... thought you were buying a truck that would haul the boat ........... and I didn’t see you at the Flea market that you emailed me about. what happened

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I know frank holden , ( essex is my chapter) i am a member and cannot belive he is a thief . sounds like they all were sold a bill of goods. courious to see if the mssa can survive this. plenty of good people doing good things ( kid's fishing rodeo , scholarships ect. ) Tournaments are only part of it .

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I found all the emails and text strings. I will figure out how best to post.

When I go back reading the messages it literally sounds crazy, one minute Dave is telling me he is putting a check in the mail, another minute says MSSA does not owe it, when I point out he paid part of it he says that was because he was being a friend. Another time asks me not to bring it to the Board, in the end plays the angle of saying I have enough money and that getting paid should not matter (I'll get the exact words).

I also found an email where I did inform the MSSA Board about this situation as I referenced above. At one point I copied the entire Board. The email included all the texts where Dave admits MSSA owes the money along with the invoices themselves. To this day I have not heard back from the Board of Directors.

I have nothing against MSSA. Overall I believe the organization has good intentions. It has some amazing committed people who try to do good things for recreational anglers. However, when it comes to running the business side of things my experience is horrible as evidenced from being jerked around and never being paid. Sounds like I am not the only one and given the amount I read has disappeared somehow, who knows if I will ever get paid.

Sounds like a lot of people are owed more then I am, very sorry to hear that. We're all in the same boat. I hope it works out in the end.
    It does suck,Seems like it goes back about as far as the Fishing Reports on here. Hint,Hint..

Chief Angler / Moderator

I want to be clear. I am not saying Frank is a thief. If anything over the years I have known Frank he and others have done nothing but bust their butt. A Board member is not there all the time and relies on Management to inform them. Sounds like the ED simply did not keep them informed. If you do not know what questions to ask and are shown a picture of something that appears good you assume all is good.

Having said above, I was disappointed that the Board did not do anything when I sent them compelling evidence. At the same time I am sure the ED gave them some story that sounded plausible.

It will be interesting to hear what really happened.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I hate this, but can't get enough of it. It's like going to a nascar race just to watch the crashes. The story started off walking and quacking like a duck, so clearly something was wrong. Now with 10 pages behind us we can see a lot of what's been happening. I always try to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but clearly this has gone way past that stage. Like many have said, I sure hope the Board of Directors has liability insurance, and I sure hope they weren't relying on Mr Smith to pay the premiums.
    With no money, how is anything owed going to be paid? With the current history in print everywhere, how are any funds going to be raised? How can MSSA survive this. What a shame.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

became a skeptic a long time ago when i saw that the mssa tourneys woudn't go to a leaderboard like they use at colonial beach. became obvious that something was fishy

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast