Why haven't 2017 MSSA Tournament Winners Been Paid Yet? - Page 3

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

MSSA is all about the money. Y has the money for the sept flounder tournament not been paid. That is robbery. Its bad enough they only pay 50%. I refuse to fish or join anything related to the MSSA. Its all about the money. Just look at the tournament they squeezed in late summer . No captain of year points because Dave's buddies boats were in OC... now how is that fair? I will say it again...ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY!!!..When Rich Ran The MSSA he actually gave a shit. He would be rolling in his grave.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

If you look at Dave Smith's MSSA post on TF from the Fall 2 years ago he said, Plenty time left to enter the Fall Classic. Great weather for the weekend. My post was Great weather Friday and Saturday at noon it's blowing 35+. No fish is worth dying for. Well 3 guys died. Tournament should have been cancelled as it was well predicted. I'm not blaming MSSA for the deaths as each fisherman should know when to get off the water, but....... The following year MSSA did cancel the last day of the Fall tournament due to weather......... Gary

Gary / others - I attend some of the MSSA committee meetings.

Weather / safety in tournaments has been brought up. The first time MSSA cancelled a fishing day - some captains bitched and complained. MSSA does not cancel and people bitch / complain. No win situation.

When I fished the tournaments in early 2000's - we had some really rough days. When I won the fall tournament ( I think 2003 ) - it was border line. North at 20-25 with 30 gusts. I had a tough crew ( my father and one other seasoned angler ) - along with a good rough water boat. Some MSSA captains complained that tournament should have been cancelled - others like me fished it.

MSSA did listen to complaints and made tournament longer - idea was to hopefully get good weather day (s) to allow all boats a chance to fish.

The bay might be fishable off Sandy Point but deadly off Point Look Out. It all boils down to what the captain thinks his boat / crew can handle.

Weather reports are only prediction. Think we have all taken water over the bow on " 5-10 knot " days or chanced a small craft warning and had flat seas.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

I hear you Skip. It can be a tough call but it is not about making captains happy or unhappy. It is about keeping captains safe. Two years ago the weather was predicted solidly to be 35 mph wind by noon that Saturday. The prediction was dead on to the minute and that is when the tournament should have been canceled. In my opinion the event organizers are responsible for overall safety. Others might feel different and that's okay. I am not saying that they should make sure everyone's boat is safe. Once again money makes people do things that they shouldn't do.......... Gary

No doubt Gary. I would not have fished that day. We launched at Breezy at 5:30 - still dark and raining with high winds.

I told my dad and Tom - I'll go out in the dark , I'll go out when rough , I'll go out when raining - but not in dark when rough and raining.

We lost an hour of fishing time - waiting until 7 am when we could see. It was ugly scene out of Breezy Point - honest 3 footers with a lot of white caps. Few lumpers mixed in.

We figured some boats would not fish , some likely quit early - this gave us an advantage.

We fished hard right up to lines out - racing back on a hard course to make weigh in time by 5 minutes - whew.

Crazy thing - we had landed the 1st place fish about 8:30 - shortly after starting to troll.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

PONZI- SCAM!! someone else needs to start a tourney. How hard is it to pay with PayPay/Venmo. I really doubt they were waiting for SS forms to be filled out. Dave-doesn't even have the balls to speak out or at least shed some light on this to the MSSA Chapters. I haven't fished this tourney in over 10 years and never would again. People only fish tourneys for the competition/bragging rights/money. Hell I only fish the small ones because they are more fun and people actually party together afterwards at weigh in.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default MSSA Tournaments

Someone just sent this to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tourney.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	244770  

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

What kind of $#!t is that! A tournament director can write a check while his other hand is in a vise, don't ask me how I know...

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by blue lou View Post
    What kind of $#!t is that! A tournament director can write a check while his other hand is in a vise, don't ask me how I know...
    How?

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Ahh they let the superdink back. In that case someone call, blakesdad 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 ..,, chumbucket aka... well nevermind, evildick .... , and Burgess back and we can restore some spirited convos. Is Brandon anywhere to be found now-a-days and did he pass on the banned list? If not we may have a chance at making TF great again lol.

As far as this thread goes, does anyone know if this really happened or are we just piggy backing on a thread that posed speculation. Not doubting on the OP but how far does this really go? Just curious if the statements made are verified fact or not. If so that's a shame but it would be good to remember lots of organizations go through down turns. As a general statement I'm not a member of MSSA nor do I know any leaders in the organization so I don't have a dog in this fight. Seems like they have some good qualities I'm just surprised legal counsel hasn't reached out to TF or made an official statement here. What's up with that?

-Evans

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast