Why haven't 2017 MSSA Tournament Winners Been Paid Yet? - Page 5

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Finally...someone has the balls to criticize the "Trophy Season" for Rockfish. It has never made sense to me to kill the biggest, oldest, and most successful spawning fish for stroking egos and making money off (of all things) RECREATIONAL fishing as stated above.

But then again - what do I know. I'm just a deplorable rec fisherman applying common sense to what is obvious. I agree completely with what SteveL says.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

How does one make this a Sticky?

Good morning MSSA Board of Directors Members,

I know there has been quite a bit of speculation online about MSSA and its inability to pay the prizes out from the Fall Tournament. Additionally, I received a call from the landlord at the MSSA office last night that MSSA was $4500 behind on rent and he would evict us this morning.

I called the landlord back and asked for a 72 hour extension which he granted. Today Ed Kucharski, Amy, and later myself went over all the MSSA bank statements from the last 5 months had found many disturbing irregularities. Most of those issues were withdrawals and personal charges made by Executive Director Dave Smith.

Based on those facts Ed and I went to M&T Bank and removed Dave’s name from any and all MSSA accounts. We asked for current statements, etc. to see exactly where MSSA stands and it was not a pretty picture. Essentially we have $320 in our savings, no CD as reported in recent treasures reports, and around $3800 in our checking account. Bills have not been paid, the fall tournament winners haven’t been paid, and the list just goes on. I paid the $4500 back rent out of my own personal funds to avoid finding our entire office alongside Ft. Smallwood Rd. Friday morning. The locks have also been changed.

At the decision of the Executive committee David Smith is no longer employed by MSSA. Ed Kucharski has agreed to serve as Executive Director for the time being and Amy will continue to serve as our office Manager.

We will have a Board of Directors meeting on Tuesday, February 6. I urge everyone to either attend or call in. It’s only with the assistance of the entire board that we will be able to survive this crisis.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Real class - Super Dink. Sharing a private E mail that was only sent to about 18 people.

Guess 1 of those 18 was not to be trusted.

This is what was going to be addressed next week.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

SuperDink. Who did you get that email from?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

If you don't want to say it in this post. Message me with it please

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

How unfortunate.
    5th

I pulled up the recent migrants thread on the status of the migrant breeder (aka "trophy") striper population (hint: its depleted and needs help).

https://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...31538-Migrants

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by trapshoot View Post
    If you don't want to say it in this post. Message me with it please
    It’s on Facebook on the Chesapeake Rockfishing Reports Page

Wow. That's all.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast