Soooo now we know

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Surprised....not.

Let’s see. Embezzlement. Probably transferred on a computer, so that’s another charge. Didn’t pay taxes on that money...1 more. Enjoy jail and the seizure of your assets you POS.

A legal nightmare for Smith and the organization.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

well damn, and here I was planning to win all the tournaments this year :-\

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I appreciate what Super Dink did. Is this some big secret that the rest of us that have supported this Organization shouldn't know about. Maybe a little more transparency would go along way.

Great job Super Dink! MSSA couldn't be trusted to be forthright and or transparent. You sharing the "private' email and getting others involved has brought this out in the open.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I saw the article in The Capital and then logged onto TF (first time in a while....hi everyone!). When I read the article, particularly the spending of personal funds to prevent eviction, my immediate thought was that MSSA will be lucky to survive this. My next thought was that I'd hate to be an MSSA board member right now.

I've been a board member before on various non-profit and similar orgs -- it's a tough job because one can only spend so much time doing it (it's always volunteer), yet you're the last line of oversight and the members of the organization are counting on you.

I know little about MSSA, but it seems, perhaps, that the scale, complexity and money involved in these tournaments may have gotten away from their oversight and management capabilities. The details provided in the supposed internal email posted here -- if true -- make me wonder how often the board met, the last time it was presented with a financial report or conducted other very basic, critical oversight functions. When was its last audit and who signed off on it? I hope MSSA has professional liability insurance for the board. I hope they use this episode as a means to reform the way that they and MSSA operates.

I also think that the person who shelled out $4500 of his own money sounds like a standup guy with a big heart, but I would hate to see any one else put one cent of their own money into MSSA until it has a well-considered plan for how (or whether) to bring the organization back on solid footing, preferably with the aid of some professional advice.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast