Fishing Report Lake Lanier Tourney series
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Default Lake Lanier Tourney series

This is a picture of a fishing friend of my sons. He caught this 8lb.12oz Largemouth last weekend on Lake Lanier in a FLW Bass tourney .My son told him to fish the new flooded brush and by 11 am he was getting nervous without a bite. Then it happened.He won 3k If he would have had 5 more ounces he would have won 9k. The tourney fee was $250. The Bass doesn't look that big in the picture but it is.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	246482 He came in 2nd place.
    Last edited by Capt.Nick; 03-05-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

This coming weekend the big boys are coming to town to fish another Lake Lanier FLW. Celebs like Scott Martin etc. My son will be fishing as a co angler ( Back of the boat) Co anglers are picked randomly to fish with a celeb. Co anglers fish 2 of the 3 days. The cost is $800 to fish for 2 days with a celeb.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    This coming weekend the big boys are coming to town to fish another Lake Lanier FLW. Celebs like Scott Martin etc. My son will be fishing as a co angler ( Back of the boat) Co anglers are picked randomly to fish with a celeb. Co anglers fish 2 of the 3 days. The cost is $800 to fish for 2 days with a celeb.
    I just seen this post. Very interesting. Capt. Nick, please let us/me know how your son makes out in the tournament. Long ago I fished with Bill Dance in his boat in a Ray Scott tournament the first day. Lake Keeowee, Pickens S.C. Came in 11th place because of first day with Dance. BUT, back then they only paid up to 10th place. That is why I am interested. Thanks! WOW! 8 lb bass in a tournament is great.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

He didn't come in the winnings during the tournament as a co angler with who he drew. As usual when you don't fish in a tournament you usually do better. He has been catching several 2-5 lb. Bass off his dock after work in the evenings on frog baits. He said his creek is loaded with frogs. Water temp low 60s.

Blog Entries

He and his brother fished another tourney yesterday . Here he is with a large mouth and a spotted bass. Lake LanierClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	247546 He still hasn't won all that money in tournaments that he thought he would.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

It's not that easy Capt. You know that I'm sure. But it's fun if you can afford it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    It's not that easy Capt. You know that I'm sure. But it's fun if you can afford it.
    That's what I told him. He figured since he lived on the Lake and fished all the time he'd have an edge. Sometimes people who fish a body of water the first time win.

10. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements