Tidal Fish Forum banner

New to the Severn

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rtspud24 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, Moved to Arden last year. Bought a boat this year and just started fishing the Severn. Im running a 21ft cc Caravelle and lately ive been making runs to hackets, bloody pt, Thomas pt, and even Chesapeake beach. Now that the smaller rock are around Id like to start fishing the river for a few hours after work. any suggestions?

#2 ·
I assume you meant Arden? As in Arden on the Severn. I'm an Arden resident also as are a few others in our club. As far as getting any tips on Rock fishing in the Severn River you probably should attend one of our monthly meetings. Some of us guard these secrets tightly and may give out a few tips over a cold beverage when we are the most vulnerable, lol. But in all seriousness there are a bunch of good fishermen and fisher-ladies in our club with many years of knowledge.

You can contact me at 410-903-4322 for more info on our club!

Rod

#3 ·
We lived in Arden for 13 years and we just moved last year to a house near the south river.

Summer in the Severn is primarily a white perch fishery, here are some good spots to try:
http://i67.tinypic.com/r8ynuu.jpg

For white perch in the Severn it's tough to beat a beetlespin with a twisty tail grub on a light tackle rod. I always use split shot a couple feet up from the beetlespin, it helps with casting distance as well as fishing the right depth.

Once the temperatures start dropping, stripers make their way in the river. You'll know it's getting to be time when you see more seagulls taking up residence in the river. My favorite times to go out were in the fall when there is a high tide in the evening. Start at Round bay and work your way south...check out schools of bait and bird activity for feeding stripers. If you don't mark them on your fish finder, keep going south. You can typically find them somewhere between Round Bay and the mouth of the river. I like jigging spoons, but I'm sure other lures would also work.

Good luck, the Severn is fun

Trev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.