Fishing Report An average snakehead day
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Default An average snakehead day

Raised 6 fish this morning . Caught 2 - a 6# & a 2.5 # . Had 1 jump a log as he chased the lure over it . He caught it but got the hook out in a few seconds .Another was hooked good but dove in a log and got the hook loose. 1 charged it full speed ahead but didn't bite at the last second. 1 jumped next to me and scared the hell out of me. I fished 4 hours today 6-10 am. Plenty of snakeheads there but they weren't real active today. Looks like the big ones are out to lunch somewhere else?104_0601.JPG This is the 6# 104_0606.JPG This is the 2.5 # baby. That makes 23 actually landed so far this summer.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

104_0604.JPG This was the small log the fish jumped to catch the lure. Actually it is a spadderdock rhizome root that is floating on the surface. The other fish that struck, grabbed the lure and quickly moved it to the side then dropped it. More like a Bass moving a lure from it's nest during spring. I don't believe these are actual feeding bites. They seem annoyed by the lure and want to move it, not eat it. During high tide, the snakeheads can go right up to the tree line and are next to impossible to get to. Low tide forces them out of the thick cover more.
    Last edited by Capt.Nick; 07-19-2018 at 04:16 PM.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

4. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements