Need some Help perch fishing - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: perch fishing

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 730waters View Post
    We fished the Harford county side of the Susquehana River today from the dam down about a mile or so along the bank. There were 4 of us fishing and caught about 100 fish consisting of White Perch, Yellow Perch, Small "5 to 7 inch" Rockfish and some big flatheads. You need to use some extra weights due to the dam pushing about 75,000 gps. down the river. The kids had a great time.
    Thanks for the report, you guys had a great day. It's always nice when you catch multiple species of fish.
    You never know what's on the other end of the line when it hits.

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thaweatherman View Post
    Tried Stoney Creek last night and only got into one small white perch. Last summer I got them by the dozens there on clams but mostly small fish.
    It's still early in the year. As the weather warms up we will start to see more and bigger perch.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    I've never had much luck with beetle spins either but it's what most people use for perch in shallow tidal water .I like to keep my lucky lures to myself. There isn't a better feeling when you move along behind another fisherman and catch fish where they didn't because you found a lure that works well that no one else is using. I'm a believer that when everyone uses the same lure and the fish start seeing it on a regular basis , a different lure can make a difference from not catching and catching especially on slow days . You know you're doing something right when that happens .I have 2 snakehead lures that fit that bill most of the time for me. I've never seen anyone else use them yet they've been around a long time.
    Capt.Nick,

I don't mind sharing a particular lure if it helps someone else. I've taken Bottom Knocker and Pinchy03 out on my boat and shown them
    what I use. They were both amazed how well they catch fish. Most of the boats on this forum can't navigate the shallow waters I can
    so I rarely see other boats. I don't give up my favorite hot spots to but a few, and Bottom Knocker moved to Florida.

Mike

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    I was wondering if anyone
    has had any luck with perch yet?---------------Yes from shore on the Eastern Shore.Attachment 252963Attachment 252965Attachment 252967Attachment 252969
    andypat,

Thanks for the pics, I have a spot on the narrows that usually does fairly well. I may have to see if anything is happening there yet.
    I usually wait until the water warms up a little more.

Mike

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I perch fished the key bridge area both Saturday and Sunday. Only managed 1 small perch on a jig. I think it's still a little early in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by mgribbin View Post
    I perch fished the key bridge area both Saturday and Sunday. Only managed 1 small perch on a jig. I think it's still a little early in that area.
    Most of the perch are still back in the creeks and rivers finishing their spawn.

Mike

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mremmfish View Post
    Most of the perch are still back in the creeks and rivers finishing their spawn.

Mike
    Not the perch I am catching from shore at Tread Avon River close to the Choptank River. Perch I'm catching are all spawned out. I caught a lot all week and none had roe and are clean. They are in their summer areas now, far from the upper river spawning areas. 5-10-19.JPG5-14-19 (4).JPG5-15-19.JPG

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Good to see you back Andy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12