Fishing Report 5/16 mid bay Fishing report

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default 5/16 mid bay Fishing report

Left Sandy Point around 6:30 this morning. Only a few trailers there. Trolled an 11 rod spread, starting south from the BB to BP. Steady rain most of the morning. Water temperature around 62. Trolled all tandems with lighter weights and smaller shads than I do for Trophy season, none larger than 6 inches. I ended up catching one 21 inch rock on the western side of Bloody Point. While reeling him in, the rubber band breaks on another rod. I bring the rock in and start reeling the other rod in. It ended up being a 24 inch fat catfish. I couldn't believe it since none of my rigs were running deep and I was in about 30-35 feet of water. The water was in pretty good shape , better than I expected. Just a little grass on a few of the lines when bringing them in.

fish.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks for the report. That was a fat catfish.

Mike

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Seems every catfish I see is fat. Anyone opening up to see what they are eating? Hopefully it’s not crabs and baby rock.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bebopper View Post
    Seems every catfish I see is fat. Anyone opening up to see what they are eating? Hopefully it’s not crabs and baby rock.
    They are a very aggressive species that will eat anything. I've caught them on storm shads and metal spinners.

Mike